Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - What would you do?
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 07:49 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 530e
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjrohman View Post
Just to close the loop, I traded the 328 in on an Audi A4. The Lemon Lawyers got nothing and I didn't want to push further with another attorney. The dealership and BMWNA were non-responsive to the whole situation. The trade in value was very low. It's too bad, I really liked the BMW. I will have a spare tire, a tool kit, window shades and a set of winter wheels in the classifieds soon. Thanks for all the replies.
Sorry to hear that. I was just about to write back and suggest that you check on the history of the car before it was purchased by BMW and certified. I suspect that the previous owner was having problems too. BMW probably fixed it so that no problems showed up during the certification process (within the 60 day window that the car worked okay) and went ahead with the certification.

Pointing out that selling the car as a CPO under those circumstances could be viewed as fraudulent. But...you are out of the car now.

Enjoy your new car. My approach to life is that life is too short to deal with companies that don't treat me right. So I would not go back to BMW. BMW should have at least investigated the certification as I suggested above.