Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - Ideas on draining hydraulic fluid from Z4 ?
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 10:56 PM

Mein Auto: Z4
Quote:
Originally Posted by targaone View Post
I don't know anything about your specific car, but I find it hard to believe there is not an access panel to get at the motor and drive mechanism. Worst case remove the lift arm from the hydrolic actuator and store those parts in a plastic bag for the next owner.
Yup, there is no access, the pump or motor and everything is mounted on a leg of the roof in the LH side. This was probably to make roof manufacturing and fitting easier and done away from the car.

To the OP, have you checked the bowden cable that is attached to the red ring is going fully home? If it remains slightly out it may be stopping the fluid pressure building up, if the motor is spinning the only other reason would be a leak and I'd expect you to find a small amount of fluid somewhere, maybe round the drain plugs somewhere in front of the rear wheels.