Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - Sport automatic transmission w/o Sport Line
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 07:05 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Genname View Post
Someone please reassure me that, for an ED, BMW will happily build me an F31 with the sport automatic transmission, but not the Sport Line. This will be my first vehicle with AT (I'm sure I'll figure out how to use it eventually), but I need the paddle shifters to keep from going into withdrawal, if not, in fact, into a retaining wall. But I don't want to pay for styling (although I completely, totally and with all my heart respect those of you who do). Thanks.
Don't do it man!! If you're coming out of a manual and you think the paddles will fulfill that hole left from the MT, they won't. I never use the paddles, its gimmicky. Even shifting the sport auto shifter doesn't do it for me. You can't replace the 3rd pedal with gimmicks.

I was in your position, and thought the same things. You've been warned, I haven't found an AT that makes me not miss the MT. Don't get me wrong, AT can be good in traffic and daily commuting, but boring and completely lacking that connection to the vehicle.
2012 F30 335i Sedan - BSM, Sport Line, PP,Tech,HK,CW,DA2
2010 E90 M3 - JBM PP,TP,ES,CW,Beast

BMWCCA #471315