Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - M4 ED Dealer Phone Call..
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 06:34 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2016 M4
M4 ED Dealer Phone Call..

So I started researching here about how early to call and order a ED. Most of the threads implied that it is best to do it 3-4 months out. Especially if you want a specific date for delivery.

I called my dealer this week, he told me 2 months...I asked if that was too short of a time frame to ensure the delivery date I would need. He seemed to think it would not be a problem. Not sure on this but Not terribly worried yet.

He then proceeded to tell me that I would get 5% off. I told him that I understood that 5% was the difference in MSRP Euro vs U.S. But that I would be looking for a deeper discount than 5%. He told me that the M cars are a problem for a deeper discount, that the dealerships loose allocation for each ED M they sell. He also said that if it were not an M the discount would be greater because they do not come out of dealer allocation. He said some BMW dealerships simply don't offer ED anymore due to this allocation issue with regard to M cars.

I am looking for advice here. I live in Salt Lake, I can easily drive to Vegas if need be to take delivery of my car. I don't want to wait until 2 months before delivery to start negotiating with a dealership that thinks I no longer have time to dicker if I want to get the car on the day I want. Even if I didn't do ED I would be negotiating price. So the ED aspect of this is almost moot. I told him if he was going to stand fast on the 5% that I needed to know so I could make other arrangements. It is certainly their prerogative to do so...as it is mine to shop elsewhere. I may be ordering a 3 series for ED at the same time..sort of a his and her thing. But the conversation left me a bit aggravated...wondering if I shouldn't shop around anyhow.

if there are deeper discounts to be had on an M, what should I expect? if 5% as good as it gets on an M?

if I am ordering just a regular 3 series, I have read discounts around ~10%-14% is that still accurate?

I am not ordering until the MY2018 are available, I would like to know what I can expect. As I need to plan things out job/finances/etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks