Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - 330e tuning?
Thread: 330e tuning?
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 06:22 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 530e
I don't think that BMW has gotten their electriification strategy fully worked out. My 330e has been in the shop approximately 10% of the time since I purchased it ten months ago. The Arizona lemon law has a 30 day out of service provision and given the proximity of my vehicle to the 30 day period in such a short time (and only 7K miles) that I asked BMW to provide me an extended warranty given the reliability problems (all of which seemed to revolve around the batteries and related equipment). The company refused. I am now heading toward what I expect will be a lemon law claim once I cross the 30 day threshold.

I don't know if my car problems are endemic to 330es or just to my car but either way..*****er beware and I would never put a tune into my 330e given the clear tendency, at least as to me, to not stand behind the 330e product. I think that BMW will do everything it can to find a reason to disqualify the warranty. The refusal of BMW to extend my warranty given the imminency of a lemon law violation makes me think that BMW must know that there are problems with this vehicle and they want to minimize its risk by not extending the warranty. I love my car when it works but I no longer trust the car and especially I don't trust BMW to do the right thing.

As a result, I fully intend to initiate the lemon law claim as soon as I cross the threshold and I will demand rescission.