Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - Windshield Replacement and Re-Calibration
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 12:11 PM

Mein Auto: G20 2019 330i XDrive
Wasn't able to update over the weekend....but the BMW dealership charged around $156 for the calibration which was explained as basically their diagnostic fee for something unrelated to another warrantable issue in progress-which is totally understandable. Now I'll just have to deal with insurance for reimbursement. The shop foreman did say that it was done with a computer hook-up then a short drive to verify and that after I picked it up within 7 miles of further driving everything would be set. He did say that if anything was off that the 3 series would tell me-warnings, system messages etc. He did also mention that the only time they would need to do a fixed guided-learning calibration with lasers, objects, etc in the shop is if it involved the front bumper or rear sensors being replaced from an accident, etc. That's good to know since the cameras and the front and rear radar/lidar all work together at times so it seems like a windshield replacement and re-calibration is much easier and smoother.