Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - FURSTRATED with Bimmerfest staff!
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 01:51 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by hb arab View Post
Just to open up, I'd like to say that today's bimmerfest gathering is great, I'm currently at the festival enjoying all the wonderful vehicles. I'd also like to state that I've been part of the BMW community for many years, I've been going to the fest for a few years but I'm quiet on the forums. I've owned multiple BMWs: E36s, E34s, E39s, E92s, etc...
I recently acquired a Mini Cooper S, which is considered part of the BMW family. Hell, my cooper is more of a sports car than a ton of the bloated 5/7 series cars that are at the fest right now... (Sorry for the hostility).

Well last night, a detailed my car, got my two-way radio ready, and got pumped about being at the fest today... Well, I arrive to the fest with a small caravan of cars and I pull up to the entrance gate and guess what... I GET DENIED ENTRANCE

According to the mindless gate attendee "if it doesn't have a BMW badge, you can't come in" and he made me turn around. THIS IS RIDICULOUS. This makes my blood boil, myself and a few other minis were forced to park on the street, and pay the per person entrance fee as opposed to 20 bucks per car...

This has left a sour taste in my mouth in regards to the bimmerfest organization, I think either you need to have better communication or education, or someone needs to pull their head out of their rear-end.

/endrant, enjoy the fest, I'll probably save myself the trouble and not attend next year...
Damn, this is wrong. John! Did you read this????

'18 330i Mediterranean Blue Metallic / Cognac/Dark Brown / Sport Line