BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2018 BMW 4 Series LCI Coupe, Convertible, GC - Pricing & Ordering guides

62K views 70 replies 33 participants last post by  Judy G 
#1 · (Edited)
2018 BMW 4 series LCI

BMW has released the pricing and ordering guides for the 2018 BMW 4 Series LCI Coupe, Convertible and Gran Coupe as well as a comprehensive list of updates that come with the mid-lifecycle update (LCI). Use information, pricing and ordering guides to help you build your 4 Series BMW and to calculate invoice pricing.

The MY2018 4 Series receives a Lifecycle Impulse (LCI) facelift as of March 2017 production. In addition to enhancements made at the factory to strengthen the visual and perceived quality inside and out, the equipment offering has changed. A packaging strategy has bee implemented with a tiered structure, and appropriate pricing levels. The 2018 4 Series now feature the following standard equipment:
  • 3AG Rearview Camera
  • 6AK ConnectedDrive Services

The newly created ZL0 Essentials Package will also be included at no charge for the MY2018 4 Series:
  • 322 Comfort Access keyless entry for 430i models (as this is currently standard on 440i models)
  • 508 Park Distance Control for both 430i and 440i models
  • 655 SiriusXM Satellite Radio with 1 year AllAccess Subscription for 430i models (as this is currently standard on 440i models)

The objective of these changes is to:
  • Address market competitiveness
  • Improve residual value
  • Structured and differentiated vehicles
  • Create vehicles that addresses the need for a dealership advertised payment
  • Premium package that fulfills typically equipped specifications
  • Provide the 4 Series with visual differentiation depending on packaging: M Sport or Luxury
  • Packages for a fully equipped vehicle

LCI Changes: Exterior
  • New Front bumper design: more width to the air intakes, which express a broader stance
  • Air intakes in high-gloss black (chrome for Luxury Package)
  • New standard Bi-LED headlight design with LED daytime running lights and LED fog lights
  • New optional Adaptive LED headlight design: Icon light with hexagonal outline
  • New Rear bumper design, which expresses a broader stance
  • New Rear LED taillights

2018 BMW 4 Series LCI exterior

LCI Changes: Interior
  • New navigation: iDrive 6.0, which includes a new user interface with logic like the all-new 5 Series, but without touchscreen functionality
  • Chrome Accents near the buttons for the electric windows, and surrounding the Front and Rear Air vents
  • Upgrade to the 430i Sport Leather Steering wheel: the leather on the outer rim features a modified lining, giving the steering wheel a softer touch and better grip
  • New optional trim: Aluminum Carbon with Pearl Chrome highlight (4MN)
  • Double-stitched seam on the instrument panel, which accentuates the interior's driver-focused geometry
  • The appearance and operation of the turn-signal indicator and wiper arm have changed
  • Center-stack in high-gloss black with ambient surround lighting

2018 BMW 4 Series LCI interior

Package Changes
  • Dynamic Digital Instrument Cluster will be available starting July production in combination with the Executive Package
  • ZL0 Essentials Package features 322 Comfort Access keyless entry, 508 Park Distance Control and 655 SiriusXM Satellite Radio with 1 year AllAccess Subscription for No Charge
  • ZL1 Premium Package features 488 Lumbar Support, 494 Heated seats and 609 Navigation with Advanced Real Time Traffic Information, Remote Services and Instrument cluster with extended contents for $2300 (430i models) and $2000 (440i models)
  • ZLX Luxury Package features Luxury exterior chrome design elements, 688 Harman Kardon surround sound system and Leather Dakota for $1850 (430i models) and $1450 (440i models). ZLX requires ZL1 and ZL0
  • ZPX Executive Package features 552 Adaptive Full LED Lights, 5AC Automatic High Beams, 5DL Side and Top View Cameras, 5DP Parking Assistant, 610 Head-Up Display and 8TH Speed Limit Info for $2100. ZPX requires ZMP or ZLX

New Wheel Options
  • 25H: 19" Bi-color Ferric Grey Star-spoke Style 407 with Mixed Performance tires replaces 2T1 (same styling) - Available as an alternative wheel choice for the Track Handling Package (ZTR)
  • 25K: 19" Bi-color Orbit Grey Star-spoke Style 407 with All-Season tires replaces 2D5 (same styling)
  • 21W: 19" M Orbit Grey Double-spoke Style 704 M with Mixed Performance tires replaces 21C 19" M Orbit Grey Doublespoke Style 442 M - Available in combination with M Sport Package (ZMP) and Track Handling Package (ZTR)
  • 21Z: 19" M Ferric Grey Double-spoke Style 704 M with Mixed Performance tires replaces 2PF 19" M Star-spoke Style 403 M (430i models) and 2PL 19" M Double-spoke Style 442 M (440i models) - Available as an upgrade with M Sport Package (ZMP)

2018 BMW 4 Series LCI wheels

New Exterior Colors
  • C1G Snapper Rocks Blue Metallic (also available with M Sport Package)
  • C1X Sunset Orange Metallic
  • Deletion of: A92 Orion Silver Metallic and B38 Midnight Blue Metallic

2018 BMW 4 Series LCI colors

Additional upholstery offers
  • Ivory White Dakota Leather with Dark Oyster highlight and black carpeting is now available
  • Cognac Brown Dakota Leather with Dark Brown highlight replaces Saddle Brown Dakota Leather
  • All-new offering for 4 Series LCI: Night Blue Dakota Leather with Dark Oyster highlight

This Chart is a guide to interior leather colors available in 2018 and how they were offered in 2017

2018 BMW 4 Series LCI leather

Sport, Luxury and M Sport Packages
Packages are available available to further enhance and personalize the design of 2018 4 Series:
  • Sport (Standard)
  • Luxury Package (ZLX)
  • M Sport Package (ZMP)
Each package brings a unique character to the 4 Series. The Luxury Package adds chrome elements to emphasize the premium nature of the car. M Sport Package transforms the 4 Series into the perfect athlete with its aerodynamically optimized body kit and race inspired interior featuring typical enhancements such as an M steering wheel and Aluminum Hexagon Trim with Estoril Blue matte highlight trim.

2018 BMW 4 Series LCI packages exterior

2018 BMW 4 Series LCI packages exterior

2018 BMW 4 Series LCI packages interior

The 2018 4 Series Coupe Pricing and Ordering Guide

UPDATE: Model Year 2018 4 Series Pricing Update - Prices have been updated to reflect price increases

2018 BMW 4 Series Coupe Pricing and Ordering Guides:

The 2018 4 Series Convertible Pricing and Ordering Guide

2018 BMW 4 Series Convertible Pricing and Ordering Guides:

The 2018 4 Series Gran Coupe Pricing and Ordering Guide

2018 BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe Pricing and Ordering Guides:

See less See more
#6 ·
Thank you Tim, the info. you sent out yesterday on the 18 4 series is a big help. I'm interested in the vert. and have to digest all of the ins and outs of your info. Yes, BMW has lowered the price of the metallic paint but they more than make up for it in forcing you to buy certain packages when you want a particular option:thumbdwn:. So, you really have to digest all of your info. and read the notes carefully to see what is in and what is out. Thanks again.

Regards,
Joe:)

#10 ·
Can't wait for the configurator to be updated and those RVs published. Need to get an order in in the next 30-40 days!

#12 ·
I've been eagerly awaiting this as I am planning to order a 440i xDrive Convertible.
I don't see a Cold Weather package (Heated Seats, Heated Steering Wheel, Neck heater). At least the options are there. Also missing are the Black Kidney Grilles and the M Performance Power and Sound package.
The online configurator looks to be 2017 still as well - but updated.

Fun to see this stuff as it comes out!

#15 ·
Anyone know, please, whether the Snapper Rocks Blue will be available on the 420 SE Gran Coupe, or only on the M Sport?
I don't think that we have the 420 SE Gran Coupe in the States. According to Tim's new info., the models we have are the 430i & X and the 440i and X in Coupes, Grand Coupes and of course the convertible. Snapper Rocks Blue is available for all of them including the ZMP package. It's one hell of a color! Estorial Blue is still only available with the ZMP package. Hope this helps!:angel:

#16 ·
Is there some way to see a picture of the new 2018 interior trims? The configurator tool on bmwusa.com as of today is still the 2017 version, so it doesn't show the 2018 trims. In the 2018 4 series, there is a new trim called "Aluminum Dark Carbon with Pearl Gloss Chrome highlight", which doesn't exist in the 2017 version. Also, the 2017 trim called "Brushed Aluminum trim with Black high-gloss accent" appears to be gone in 2018, as it is not listed in the 2018 ordering guide. Is there any website that shows the 2018 trims so that we can see them before ordering? Thanks.

#25 ·
Am I reading correctly that, on a 430i, you now can't order H/K sound unless you get the Luxury Package? I'm not sure I'm following what the little "x"s signify. Seems really weird to not let you get M Sport + H/K….
You didnt see which model but I'm reading the GC guide....

The x means it is available for the above price. It does say that ZL1 is required which is the premium package. The luxury package includes the HK but so long as you get the premium package you can add on the HK for $875

#38 ·
I just visited the BMWUSA website and it is still not showing the 440i grand coupe with the new midnight blue leather and the picture is still showing the old spedo/tach look. We are almost at the end of March, when do they plan to add this to the build it now? It doesn't make any sense. If ordering went live March 1, why is the website not reflecting LCI ordering specs?

#35 ·
Hi TIm,

I appreciate all the info. that you have provided on the 2018 4 series convertible. Because of you I have been able to do a complete estimate of what I want in the 18 vert. with the colors and options I want. I now have another thought. Have you heard when BMW is going to do a complete restyling of the 4 series and if that new revision will include the hard top for the convertible rather than the soft top. I want the hard top feature on the convertible rather than the soft top. I really don't want to buy an 18 and then have it restyled shortly thereafter dating my 18 model. I'll wait for the restyling to come out if they will still have the hard top convertible option available. Otherwise, I'll buy the 2018 model. As always, I appreciate your knowledge and input and hope that you will have this info. also. Thanks.

Joe

#42 ·
LCI 440iX Convertible ordered

My order is placed and scheduled for June 23 delivery in Munich. The options all align with the LCI guide in this forum.
Tanzanite Blue
Cognac Leather
Burl Walnut
Active Everything
Essentials Package
Luxury Package
Executive Package
Premium Package
Carplay, Neck Warmer, Heated Steering Wheel.
I've had hot rods and sports cars but I dont expect to have this on the track and the electronics gadgets will get lots of use.

Looking forward to the European Delivery experience.
:)Peter

#43 ·
My order is placed and scheduled for June 23 delivery in Munich. The options all align with the LCI guide in this forum.
Tanzanite Blue
Cognac Leather
Burl Walnut
Active Everything
Essentials Package
Luxury Package
Executive Package
Premium Package
Carplay, Neck Warmer, Heated Steering Wheel.
I've had hot rods and sports cars but I dont expect to have this on the track and the electronics gadgets will get lots of use.

Looking forward to the European Delivery experience.
:)Peter
That's a hell of a combination! You're going to love it and driving it in Germany. Good luck with it.

#44 ·
Tim, I've been told that the pricing guide and configuration guide have both been revised. Apparently, I was the only person in the universe who had any interest in Nutmeg Extended Merino, and it's been dropped. I'm hoping that Black Extended Merino has taken its place, as Black is available in other markets. Any chance you could post the updated guides? Just in case there are any other changes? Thanks!

#51 ·
I checked out the configurator it works.

I noticed on the 440 with the sport and track handling packages you now are stuck with 18 rims, where the old configurator you got (must have) 19's.

I'm ok with 18's but it goes 180 out of the track handling package from last month, and you only have a choice of the 1 wheel. This is a bummer for me as I really liked the style of the 19 wheels.

Anyone have any insight as to why this is?

#52 ·
The configurator has errors all over the place. 430i GC: select Lux Pack - Exec pack checks itself (uncheck Lux - Exec unchecks itself). Check Premium Pack - M checks itself. The config seems to loath red, as its selection completely unchecks any options than bare bones. Still some work to be done. BTW, M-pack may be limited to fewer colors that the guide suggests , e.g. Red. BTW, red cannon be checked for either M- or even Lux.

#53 · (Edited)
When would we see the LCI 440i grand coupe' on dealer lots? It went into production March 1, so dealers would start getting these on lots the first week of May?

Also why is the build it now on BMWUSA.com still not showing the LCI for the 440i Grand Coupe', I still don't see any option for Midnight Blue Leather option. Here we are April 1 (1 month after production) and the website is still not updated. Wow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.