Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - Post-transmission fluid change problem
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 08:56 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 bmw 528i
In the document I gave you there was a picture showing the required 3.0mm space required at the connector. That was a key activity during the job.

You say I might be pulling the Mechatronics sleeve out again and trying to re-seat it deeper (it sure seemed like it was in as far as it was going to go, but I might find something amiss).

Here are some fun facts I collected recently on this topic:

o To get the new mechatronic sleeve back in far enough to be able to close the white clip, try cutting a little chunk of a 2 x 2 wood (which actually measures 1 and 1/2 x 1 and 1/2) about 1 and 1/2 inch long

o It will be cube shaped. Rest that little block of wood squarely against the edge of the sleeve, and then using a pry bar, push it into the valve body while at the same time closing the white clip. You just can’t push the sleeve hard enough with fingers

o Remember, when replacing the bridge seal, sleeve seals, the mechatronic sleeve, make sure you disconnect the battery first (while no one else does this, you just never know how the ‘your’ car will react).