Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - New car! Woohoo!
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 01:54 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 320xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palantir View Post
Not to add to the rain but ... I have an appointment next Tuesday for the oil pump chain and also the timing chain. The engine developed the characteristic low whine noise and my indi (they work on Rollers, Bentley, Porsche etc. ) diagnosed it as oil pump chain drive. Needless to say I trust their diagnosis. The plan is to start with removing the valve cover and inspect the cam ledges for any damage from oil starvation. If the results are optimistic then do the timing and oil kits.
They warmed me that the starvation would not trigger low oil light or give any other warning except the whining noise (which you cannot hear when music on).

My car is 2013 328i with only 34000 miles. NEVER beat on, OCI 5000 miles, all maintenance items done with a solid safety margin ahead of miles/time.
Man i thought i was the only one with low, low miles, you beat me. Currently at 43k, 2013 320ix, since bought as a lease return have only put on 11K till now. The Service contract was up this past Christmas, at least they did the OC, Spark Plugs, and Brake Fluid Service.