Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - Help me spend money
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 01:30 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 325iC
ZeGerman covered it all, just wanted to chime in on the radiator mounts. I just did my system last week, and I did not need the lower brackets (bought them anyway), but I would definitely order the rubber mount the radiator sits on. You don't need to replace the rubber isolators on top.

On top of the radiator lower mounts, I would order the upper plastic clips that lock the radiator in. Not that the old ones can't be used, but they do become brittle over time and break up a little. The Mishimoto radiator also has BIGGER slots for the rubber isolators on top, using the rubber isolators and pushing in the clips will still not be snug enough, you will need to insert a little bit of cardboard on the front side of the slot (on the side opposite of the engine.)

Might be confusing (but easy), but you will definitely see what I'm talking about when you put the isolators into the radiator. The stock shroud has these little mounting points for the stock radiator (when you take the old radiator out you'll see its attached to the shroud with these 2 push clips), on the mishimoto they are not useable. You'll just have to find a screw or bolt that will tighten up the shroud to the radiator. Make sure that shroud is very solid when you finish the work!

Good luck.

Last edited by RhymeGrime; 01-13-2012 at 01:33 PM.