BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Has anyone ordered a 530e?

10K views 78 replies 25 participants last post by  stevelup 
#1 ·
Just like the title says, has anyone ordered a 530e? If you have what options and price you paid for it?

#33 ·
Thank you for information. So on 120 mile trips the mileage has diminished to being good but not great.

#34 · (Edited)
My 530e left Portsmouth on the Michigan Highway on 5/3, arriving at the VDC in Galveston on 5/17.

I'm still concerned that they may not release it to the dealer until the official EPA mileage estimates are published, and the Genius I spoke with still had no insight into that timeline.

I'm assuming that official inclusion in the federal rebate program, as well as any potential BMW iPerformance option incentives, might also be dependent upon that.

#44 ·
Just did European Delivery of my 530e. Now have to wait for the car to be shipped to the US.

I currently have an i3 and am familiar with EVs, so feel free to ping me about 240V home EVSEs. The X5e thread linked earlier has the basic info already. I would consider getting a 32 amp model - while the 530e won't benefit from it, a future car (or perhaps a friend's EV) would be able to charge faster. But it also assumes your house wiring can properly support the current draw.

I don't have great MPG data. After picking the car up at the Welt, only drove ~190 miles (basically a trip out to Neuschwanstein Castle) before dropping the car off, and using about half a tank of gas. So that was around 30+ MPG and consistent with what the car was showing when I flipped through the displays. Driving the car from the Welt to the hotel in afternoon traffic, the gas engine only fired up once for a few seconds under faster acceleration for a merge. Being a US-built car, I could not charge the battery in Europe. I used the "Battery Saver" mode a few times (works best at freeway speeds), to charge the battery back up (default set to 80%), for while in the city and stop and go traffic. Wasn't necessary, but I have gotten used to and like electric drive in stop and go traffic.

Why I went with the 530e: my daily commute is ~35 miles round trip. About half will be at freeway speeds, and half will be surface streets/congestion that should use electric drive. We'll see if this is a good scenario from an MPG/efficiency standpoint.

#50 ·
Cancel 530e order due to the small Fuel Tank 12.1 gallons

Don't buy 530e if you need long distance travel all the time. If you got full charge only save first 30 miles gas, then the rest 12.1 gallon x 37 mpg (highway) around 450 miles a tank of gas:dunno:. 530i with 17.5 gallons tank can go up to 600 miles (highway).

I am waiting for the 530d , 6 cylinder ( not 4 ) 256PS and 457ft-lb torque 0-60 5.4sec 44.3mpg city 57.3mpg highway 52.2mpg combine. 17.5 gallon tank x 57.3(highway) got incredible 1000 miles a tank of gas. :thumbup:

#62 ·
Thanks guys! :) I love it, just hoping the weather get's sunny so I can give it a full detail! :)

So far it drives exceptionally, I got the DDC so it just glides over the roads, bumps, and potholes with 20's ;)
My fuel economy is sitting just over 8L/100KM, but I have really been pushing it and letting a few friends test it as well :p However when I want I was able to get under 2L/100KM!!

Yeah the dealer was kinda useless when it came to the PHEV discounts and such. I was told once it is online we can go in to Service Ontario and get the green plates! Also need to apply for the rebate, guaranteed $8500!

#70 ·
Hi everyone,

From Portugal. Just ordered mine on 23/05/2017. First production was due to March 2018 ( My god !!! ), second update was end of November this year, and last update was on the first two weeks of September ( thank god ! ).
I got a special fleet discount and the car droped from a 72.300,00 € price to a 63.400,00 € final price. Here in Portugal i can have the VAT refunded because its a Plug-in hybrid. So, for me, the final price is about 51.544,00 € ( wich is about 57.240,00 usd ).
I've choose the Pack M Performance in a Black carbon color, the Pack Inovation ( HUD, Professional GPS, Park Assistant and the big car key with the display, the Conectivity pack with wi-fi spot and wireless charging, and finally the interior led lights.

I've driven the 330E and the G30 520D. Expectations are on the top !! I have at the momento na F10 520D, from the year 2013.

Best regards to all.

#71 ·
From Portugal. Just ordered mine on 23/05/2017. First production was due to March 2018 ( My god !!! ), second update was end of November this year, and last update was on the first two weeks of September ( thank god ! ).
Glad it got moved up! Mine arrived at the dealer yesterday (ordered March 16th, hopefully delivery this week).

Portugal is an amazing place, still have yet to be in the Northern parts (Porto, etc). Lisbon, Peniche, Fàtima, Tomar, Estremoz, Evora so beautiful.

#75 · (Edited)
thought I'd poke my head out and say hi.

Had my car now for about 2 weeks, had to wait for nearly 1.5 months for it, ordered it back in the end of April.

Good to see some Ontario people here.

Currently getting 6.7-6.9L/100km.

A couple of things with the car I've noticed, first is that the advertised 29miles on electric only is impossible. I've tried driving pure city and everything from eco-pro with the most efficient settings I can enable, as well as running with no a/c and no radio and starting off extremely slowly and using regen to slow. Best I can get is 30km, where are these 20km extra coming from that they advertise I wonder haha?

Second would be that the adaptive LED headlights do not work as they are advertised and supposed to, they simply follow the road and the auto highs just turn them on and off. Bought the package that included them as I wanted the benefits that they show. Have it booked in to the dealer to check as even they don't know why.

Otherwise it's awesome, love the car! rides great, handles well and love the Mediterranean blue with the shadowline and full M sport goodies!

#76 ·
Picked mine up Tuesday!

Took delivery of my 530e Mediterranean Blue on Tuesday! This is my first BMW after owning 2 Volvos (XC70 9 years, XC60 R-Design 5 years) among other cars. I kept saying I'd stop spending more every time on cars but.... lied to myself. So amazing to see it in person and then drive it off the lot. I was not very impressed with the Otto's Ottawa introduction to the car. Numerous small but otherwise errant mistakes on the final bill. The person giving me the run through of the car really knew nothing about it. I had to keep correcting him just from what I had gleamed from the forums here and looking at BMW docs and videos on YouTube. Yes, this vehicle has a lot of tech, but that's your job to know them. If a non-tech savy person were to take delivery in the same way they would not have a clue.

I've only put like 90Km on it so far. Mostly battery, with a couple of pokes to wake up the engine. The first night it didn't charge completely overnight so I was worried, until I found the setting that changed the charge rate. Put it to Max and that solved it. At work was charging fine (there's a 110V plug out front me and a Volt owner are going to fight over). Even preconditioned before heading out to lunch to give people rides and before heading home. Massaging seats were fought over. Two of the comp science co-op students said #lifegoals. :)

I've dabbled with the adaptive cruise and other driving features. Really enjoy the traffic start stop. The parking 3D view is incredible. Sadly in Canada we don't get the Connected App, we get some old one without all the features.

Trying to compose a list of questions to discuss, maybe start a thread. The electric range estimate is way off what I was expecting to get. They said 50Km but it is currently saying 21Km fully charged. Still, I've been mostly on battery as I said provided my work doesn't freak out about plugging in.

Attachments

#77 ·
Took delivery of my 530e Mediterranean Blue on Tuesday! Sadly in Canada we don't get the Connected App, we get some old one without all the features.
But you're able to get the display key, which pretty much does the same stuff. Here in the states, that is not an available option. Win some, lose some.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.