Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - what do you think of the M Performance Exhaust?
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2019, 09:09 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2016 X6 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ship4u View Post
I don't know. So, I'm going to check on that tomorrow. The car is a distance away from where I live, so I'll need to ask the dealership. The car has a sticker on the side that says "M Performance." The listing on the car says "Performance Exhaust", nothing more. How would I know if it had a chip? Would there be a sticker in the engine area?
The stickers on the rocker panels are just that, stickers. Same as the m performance engine cover. To be sure, you need to check with ISTA-D if the mppk retrofit was added to the VO. When I do vehicle discovery on my car, ISTA shows the MPPK as well as my m performance brake kit retrofit options. Of course, I also know because I was the one who had the dealer install the retrofits and have receipts to prove that. What I'm saying is that I would not trust stickers alone. Seeing that you are seeing the dealer, I would ask them for the service history showing when those retrofits were added.
2015 328i M-Sport (hers), x-drive, new, alpine white
2007 328i (mine), rwd, used, silver

Last edited by bimmerbingo; 04-07-2019 at 09:10 PM.