Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - 330e tuning?
Thread: 330e tuning?
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 10:42 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 330e
Hi Reuski.

I tried to set a 0-100kmh benchmark before tuning which caused the engine to run in the emergency motormanagement programs, disabled stability program and collision warning system. I had to return the car to the dealer. After 5 days I learned that the issue was apparently caused by myself since I installed a throttle response tuning kit (sprintbooster). I had used the same kit already for 3 years on my BMW 320i, 5 weeks on the 330e and it was confirmed that using this kit was risk-free for the 330e. According to the dealer the repair was no warranty due to this non-standard equipment. So, I had to pay for reprogramming the car and rental car which cost me about 600 euro. Anyway, it was stupid that I forgot to remove the tuning before bringing it to the dealer :-(

Currently I am doubting to continue with this 'project'. I blew my budget on this issue and I am not sure yet if I want to spend again a lot of money on the car. I also want to be sure that the engine is fine before changing anything.

But...a friend already had the tuning done on his 330e. I did not drive yet with his car but he says that the car is really very very fast. The engine has much reserve which is unleashed now. I will let you know what my final decision is and I will share my experience as soon as I have driven any tuned 330e.