Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - 330e tuning?
Thread: 330e tuning?
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 09:37 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2017 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr61 View Post
Here is the US, we can compare the 330e to the 328d; the EPA tested highway fuel economy is 36 MPG for the e and 42 MPG for the d, which uses more expensive Diesel fuel here. If one's driving pattern is not primarily long highway trips, the 328d makes no sense.

We switched from a Diesel to a PHEV 3 years ago (not BMW's, but I have owned several) and we now have zero need to refuel for normal urban use for months at a time between long trips. It is a great convenience not to have to visit fuel stations frequently. Over 3 years the PHEV has given 70% better fuel economy than the Diesel with the same usage pattern, but taking less expensive fuel. Electricity costs are negligible as we generate excess solar PV electricity. I am really looking forward to BMW's more sporting interpretation of the PHEV concept.

The 330e's handling compared to other F30's remains to be seen. I doubt it will be much different from driving a normal 3 with passengers in the back and luggage in the boot. I expect it will still be a fun drive, if one is not competing for best lap times on a circuit (been there - done that).

Depending on where you live Diesel fuel is less then Premium unleaded, currently here in phoenix Diesel is $2.09/gal and PUL is $2.57/g. Many people have reported that their 328d's are getting more then 42 on the highway.

I'm very much looking into the 330e I like the technology that is brings and the fact that you can drive up to 65 (i think in pure elec mode) just wish my employer would have elect plug in to help charge the car while I'm at work.

2016 328xi GT, A86, LCOM, ZDA, ZDH, ZLP, ZPP, ZTP, 494, 5AC, 5DF, 5DL, BMS Stage 1, Many coded goodies. ED 8-28-2015 Gone