Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - 2A4D code: has anyone ever encountered this?
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2020, 09:14 AM

Mein Auto:
2A4D code: has anyone ever encountered this?

Hi all,

I'm an old member that lost his credentials so just started fresh again today. It's been a few years since I've posted the forum, but always found a ton of useful info on here that's helped me a ton!

Anyway, recently came home from a road trip on my wife's 2014 X1 when the half engine light came on and car started running very choppy. Limped my way home about 100 miles and figured I'd deal with in the morning. The next day car ran fine w/no light or issue....for about 15 minutes. Then, bam, same light and running choppy again. Took to Auto for free computer read out and got a P0202 code (something with cylinder 2 fuel injector/electrical).

Wound up taking to my neighbor/mechanic a few days ago for him to look at. He found a "2A4D" code when hooked up to his computer.

He said he found an old BMW bulletin that stated not to touch the fuel injector with this code - problem might emanate from central computer. A quick google search mentioned: DME: Oxygen sensor heating after catalytic converter 2, activation

Has anyone heard of or experienced this code before?

Sorry for the long ramble!