Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - 2018 G30 5 Series Sedan Pricing and Ordering Guides
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 06:25 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Acura RL
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomonshv View Post
you missed literally the entire conversation. let me summarize it for you: the geniuses (genii?) at my local dealership didn't realize that the options for the 2018 MY changed, so when i was ordering the car they had me pick options from the 2017 catalog. and it wasn't until they contacted the factory that they realized that they f'ed up. still no solution to my situation.
You seem like quite intelligent fellow, aware of this site and the pricing for 2018 guide and changes.
Why didn't you stop the ordering process at the dealer if they are "forcing" you to use the 2017 price guide, when you knew well that there were changes for 2018?

Secondly, have you contacted BMW consumer services and explained the "bait and switch" tactic and non refundable deposit policy of the dealer you are choosing to do business with?

Thirdly, Have you approached a different dealer? Consider talking directly to the sales manager, explain your situation at Dealer A, and your total displeasure with how they are conducting business. I would wager a different dealer would work quite hard to gain your $70k+ purchase and make up the $1000 non refundable deposit by additional discount or trade value.