Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - 2018 BMW 4 Series LCI Coupe, Convertible, GC - Pricing & Ordering guides
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 04:21 PM
One Eyed King

Mein Auto: 2002 318CI & 2001 Z3 2.2
My 420d MSport was delivered today... and I was shocked as I ordered it as what I thought was BMW offloading pre-LCI stock so I got a pretty sweet leasing deal. I was supposed to get the pre-LCI end of March but was notified of a 'Delay in Factory'. I originally ordered in Jan but the allocations ran out after signing paperwork and was told I would have to wait until feb to re-order as they were tooling over but price would probably be higher. Then my leasing company called me mid Feb and said they had a pre-order car but it would be a Pre-LCI (same deal as before) so snapped it up. At the time I wasn't that fussed but the more I read about the updates I felt like maybe I would have waited but hey - just please to be back behind a BMW again after 2.5 years in the Nissan wilderness!

When it arrived this morning, I noticed the rear lights looked really slick, totally different to my neighbours 2016 430d... LCI lights???... could it possibly be???? Thought maybe I was imaging it! It was only when I saw the nice double stitching, tiled menu on iDrive and went through the above guide did I realise it was an LCI! Did my monkey dance of happiness in the street then and there!!

I've only ever owned Bimmers with 100k+ miles on the clock so for me today was such a big deal to have one from new. The fact it was an LCI was a cherry on the cake! It feels sooo good to be back guys!