Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - signs of F30 N20/N26 timing chain issue, and OCI to the rescue?
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 01:38 PM

Mein Auto: '14 328i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by F10-N52 View Post
I just had a bad feeling about the n20, preferred the inline 6 (even though it is a bit slower) and every damn car on the market is xdrive. The 2011 528 is RWD only made it easier for me to pick even though people seem to really be holding onto this model. Mines at 75k and runs perfect I am very happy with my decision.

Those of you looking, I advise looking into the 2011 528i. It's heavy but it has a very long lasting and proven inline 6 motor.
Just curious what personal experience or research you are using as the basis for your opinion? I've read through a number of threads in which you've constantly lambasted the n20 as being a s**t engine but haven't seen you explain why. Is it just a few stories you've heard about a timing chain issue or have you read research that indicates the TC issue is anything more than a random freak incident associated with poorly maintained cars?

As the owner of an F30 with the n20 I'd love to know, as I'm sure others would. Otherwise it's really hard to take your constant criticism seriously.