Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - MY 2018 3 Series Official Details and Pricing
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 11:56 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2017 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_clueless View Post
Me too. Not a fan at all. They have moved/regressed towards the Audi/MB model where you have to add a ton of junk to get one thing that you care about--like needing premium pack to get adaptive lights.

And they now include a moonroof with M-sport. Why would they do that??

Very, very sad to see BMW go this route.

What you wanted used to be known as the Jalopnik Edition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkr778 View Post
+2
I have a "Jalopnik Edition" 320i from model year 2014.

Anyway, BMW of North America really needed to provide more a la carte options for U.S. market F30 cars. Instead they go in the opposite direction and make things worse in this regard!
Now why do you think BMW is doing that? because people want it. So many people whine about how, "How BMW is going in the wrong direction." ready either BMW goes with the people who will purchase their car or go broke and fold. It's pretty simple but so many people on BF just whine..

If we go back a few years ago, BMW had a very large a la carte menu, and has gone away and it's because they can make money with packages, look at the Japanese.. Now, I wish BMW would offer a la carte and packages. This way those who want a custom built BMW can do that or people can just walk on the lot and get the BMW with the packages they want.

2016 328xi GT, A86, LCOM, ZDA, ZDH, ZLP, ZPP, ZTP, 494, 5AC, 5DF, 5DL, BMS Stage 1, Many coded goodies. ED 8-28-2015 Gone