Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - M850i Convertible
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 07:00 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 6GT
Beautiful combo. My Barcelona Blue convertible arrived in the port in NJ about 25 miles away three weeks ago. I was told three times by dealer that I would have the car in three days only to be disappointed. Finally I was told that "all the convertibles in port were being held for a rework, nothing more." Fearing the worse I did some homework and found that BMW has two centers in port, one is the "Quick Fix Center" and the other is the "Heavy Damage Center" to handle any problems in shipment. Assuming the worse I kept bugging my dealer for the reason the car is being reworked but got no answer. A call to BMW Customer service got no answer as well. I next emailed the head of BMW US Sales (know a simple way that 90% of the time gets email of top people at companies) to complain about being mislead on delivery and ask what rework was being done. A BMW rep called me two days later to say a grommet to protect the wires going to the trunk was left off by the factory on the last run of convertibles and they were waiting for a batch to arrive from Germany to be installed before delivery. I was assured that car would be released for delivery to dealer this Weds, two days from now. Based on the events of the recent past I will believe it when I see it. If there is a further delay I am seriously thinking of cancelling the order.