Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - Video module. Video INPUT possible?
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 12:39 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW e65 730d
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbelito View Post
Well I suppose it is possible to do it that way if you want them to be controlled by the front idrive controller and show the same thing as the front screen. That would mean that you also have to buy 2 normal front idrive units to go with those android units.

I would probably recommend that if someone is to do this and have the rear entertainment system already to just buy a second set of MMIF and display. And then just split the analog rgb signals.

That wouldn't solve the android thing but if done like you suggest and you are fine with them showing the same as the front screen. You could probably build a holder like the oem individual 6.5" system but make room for the larger 8.8" screen and remove the housing around it it would probably look pretty good with those wide screens in the rear. And the android part of it can actually make use of the wider screen. [emoji848]

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
Actually, since android screen is connected to stock MMI, I can assume that android screen can be attached also to the rear MMIF. The problem probably is again the LVDS connection though...

Haven't You considered to connect front CD (without MMI) to rear MMIF. It woukd be interesting what would rear MMIF shon on thev 8.8" screen instead of 6.5"

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk