Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - Depreciation
Thread: Depreciation
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 04:36 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 328I
Quote:
Originally Posted by imtjm View Post
sounds like you the perfect Subaru target audience.
I do like the Subaru dog commercials. However our pooch is a Porsche girl. She loves the back seat with the top off.

My plan is to pick up a used Porsche 991.2 Turbo S sometime around the third quarter of 2020. The new 992 Turbos S will be out late this fall and that will have the current Turbo S owners starting to dump out their current 991's and dump the used values by another $10-20K. As I've stated I'm very happy to let the original owner eat that first major hit in depreciation. In the case of a Turbo S that is around $80K. From that point on the depreciation really flattens out. Figure we can drive it for 3 years and maybe lose another 20K in value. If we keep it 5-10 years the value will start to rise again. Either way it will be fun to have 2 very different era Porsche's in the garage.

My wife wants me to sell the E46 M3 but I can store it at my sons house or find an offsite storage. Like that juvenile delinquent to mush to sell it.

Oh yeah, tell me again how leasing lets you drive those really cool middle of the road cars and never actually own anything substantial.