Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - BMW-Z3 EEP-1 Code
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 07:49 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1 View Post
this may not apply to everyone, but after 2 tears of stressing how much to fix this dead dash, I got it fixed by a mechanic who reset the speedometer (by means of diagnostic tool), and now it all works fine and speed is even accurate again. this guy didnt even charge me ( he was unaware of this problem and was just running a diagnostic check for a safetey inspection), I got a free fix!!!!!
First post for me... I got this code on my newly purchased 2002 Z3 3.0, when it was cold yesterday, 32F. Gone after driving to and parking at the store. Same dead tach, fuel, water temp gauges until restart.

Other potentially relevant details: previous owner installed LED headlights, I have read if not done correctly they can cause instrument cluster issues. Also, car had sat a long time prior to purchase, so yes I'm concerned about electrical/ humidity induced issues.

Hey, LT1, first time I read anyone potentially linking this with speedo cal problem, which I also have (reads about 20% high all speeds).

Do you have any details on how the speedo was "reset"? Maybe I could kill both of these at once also?