Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - it is official US is getting MB GLK250 BlueTEC.
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 09:14 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 335d
I do not really consider a half ton truck light duty but instead something like a Ranger(which long ago could be had with a diesel here). With that said there have been rumblings in the past about the Big 3 bringing half ton diesels to the market and they never do. I know Ford has gotten really close a few time and canned the idea each time. I seem to recall Toyota saying they would bring one over but never did. I have read about an Indian made truck that is diesel and trying to get into the States. It might be smaller than a half ton but as I recall the entire vehicle is extremely simplistic and not going to have wide market appeal because of that.

What is Toyota now saying they will bring? Also what has Hyundai said because I recall reading a statement from their top US exec specifically saying they would not bring a diesel Sonata here. Because the DEF systems add too much cost in comparisons to what existing variations of the car go for.