Thread: Carbon Build up
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 11:03 AM
Oil Burner

Mein Auto: 335D
Come Here for BS Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmeance View Post
On a fully warmed engine the intact tract is not going to be hot enough for water to flash into steam like you are thinking, and as well if it does flash to steam your enigne is pulling so much air through that the steam won't even clean anything.
So you don't think the intake tract would see any benefit from W/M? And that is the only portion of the A/F/E path that may benefit from it's cleaning properties?
Quote:
and your second post:
Thanks for taking the time research all my many, voluminous posts on this forum! Now you know everything about me, just like you seem to know everything about W/M injections - congrats!
Quote:
Yes, I know about water & methanol injection in HIGH POWER applications, where you are worrying about boost and detonation, not cleaning your engine.
Apparently that makes you knowledgeable on somewhere around 2% of all the installed and running W/M systems on the roads in this country today. Congrats again!
Quote:
People do run a mix (50:50) but not straight water..
Actually quite a lot if not of the majority of diesels use straight water for EGT control.
Quote:
I'm just trying to get helpful advice out so people can enjoy their car's for a bit longer rather than bashing people for using some scare tactics to stay away from something very dangerous.
Actually you have clearly demonstrated your lack of knowledge on the subject. So, which is it: Helpful advice, or scare tactics? Because you just warned us to stay away from "something very dangerous."
Quote:
Some folks run straight meth but it kills the rubber in your engine (rings and seals) and will have to rebuild if it's a DD.
Another falsehood. Most modern automotive soft parts use EPDM and other contemporary rubber formulations designed specifically to run in fuel systems containing alcohol and other corrosive chemicals. Ever heard of E10?
Quote:
People use a controller and nozzle, not some redneck setup by dumping water into the engine. If you want to use water go ahead, it's not my car! If you want to call me out for taking a safer route then so be it.
You brought up the redneck setup idea. Sounds like you may have some experience there. Consider yourself "called out."
Quote:
If you want to talk to me about meth injection send me a PM since I've done it and installed it on past cars.
Don't hold your breath.