Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - Help with some error codes...Transmission Malfunction
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2019, 08:01 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbP View Post
As long as you are in the diagnostic mode, you can just diconnect the cable. Shutdown the job 1st, then exit the program.

The 1st 2 thing I would address would be the battery unvoltage, & the BSD line from the alternator. Take a screenshot of your codes, then delete them. If the codes come back, then address them. How old is your battery, & do you ever charge it? Since our cars drain so much voltage from the battery, it should be charged monthly, with some type of AGM battery charger. Once the battery is charged, the other problems might go away?

If you have a VOM around the house, measure the battery voltage cold, with the engine off & the headlights on. The battery should be above 12 volts. With the engine running, the voltage at the jump terminal should be around 14 volts.
The crazy part is that the battery is practically brand new. They changed the seals back in February of this year and the rep told me that they replaced the battery (recall I think)
I never have charged my battery, don't know how to honestly.

Thank you for responding.