Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - debating trading in the M3 for the M5.
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 11:11 PM
BMW-addicted

Mein Auto: 2020 X7 M50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSchneider
i currently own a e46 M3 and have been debating the e60 M5. i saw a previous post about guys trading in their M3's for the M5. do u miss the M3 at all? what would you say are the biggest pros/cons? i want the manual but i heard that you will not be able to fully disengage the DSC on the 6 speed. that is no fun.
Don't debate, DO IT!
If you currently driving an M3, the M5 will def. be fast enough, wether you can fully disengage it or not (as the M5 is right now, that's totally sufficient for U.S. traffic...
The biggest advantages is the additional space, features and comfort. I love my "two-in-one"-car (race-car and cruising-sedan at once)....
The only disadvantage is the weight, but that's somehow a must due to its size...
2020 X7 M50i, Mineral White, Ivory White Full Merino, Piano Black Trim, Cold Weather, Dynamic Handling, Driving Assistance, Luxury Seating, Executive, 22" Y-Spoke Orbit Grey Wheels Style 758i, Space Saver Spare, Trailer Hitch, Leather Dash, Ambient Air, Bowers & Wilkins, Rear Entertainment, Night Vision, Extended Shadowline, Alcantara Headliner in Upholstery Color.

Last edited by 760Lifan; 08-09-2006 at 11:14 PM.