Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - debating trading in the M3 for the M5.
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 07:44 PM
BMW-addicted

Mein Auto: 2020 X7 M50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by samplemaven View Post
This afternoon I was able to drive both the M3, M5, M6, and Z4 M Roadster at the BMW Performance Driving School in Spartanburg. I had never driven an M car previously.
All four cars were incredible, but the M5 was clearly the standout in this great group of four M series cars.

I drove the M6 first and could not believe how smooth, powerful...just completely wonderful in the slaloms, tight corners, and acceleration on the staightaway. It was the nicest driving car I'd ever driven...until I drove the M5! The M5 is a beast and performance wise impressed me much more than the M6 I had just driven. The M3 and Z4 M were great too, but among all this greatness, my pick would have to be the 5.

I don't think there is a wrong choice. Just a matter of personal choice, need, and pocketbook.
Now that's a surprise to me (M5/M6 comparison). I often hear the M6 would perform far better than the M6...

That's interesting...
2020 X7 M50i, Mineral White, Ivory White Full Merino, Piano Black Trim, Cold Weather, Dynamic Handling, Driving Assistance, Luxury Seating, Executive, 22" Y-Spoke Orbit Grey Wheels Style 758i, Space Saver Spare, Trailer Hitch, Leather Dash, Ambient Air, Bowers & Wilkins, Rear Entertainment, Night Vision, Extended Shadowline, Alcantara Headliner in Upholstery Color.