Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - Previous X5 Owners ... Questions on Move to X6 ...
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 10:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: a van
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx5go View Post
I made the move from X5 to X6 back in 2010. I went from a 2008 X5 48 to a 2010 X6 50. The difference in handing was unbelievable. I found the X6 to have ZERO body roll. I couldn't believe the difference. I did PCD and had a blast. I ate up the road course and put three 3 series to shame tearing up the track even though I was a few thousand pounds heavier than they were.

I love the X6 - I am on my 3rd. I just took delivery Friday on a 2016 50i. You do get used to the rear visibility. I pan all my mirrors constantly and have spot mirrors on my side views so I always know what's around me, I don't have any problem parallel parking either. The cargo space isn't an issue unless you're carrying something quite large.

Test drive one first though. I love the power but I'm not happy with the seats. I imagine the seats are the same in the F15 and F16. I'm finding a big difference transitioning from the seats in the E71s.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck.

Laura
Thanks Laura! What sort of deal were you able to get on the 2016 50i in terms of % off of MSRP? Also, did you go with Dynamic Handling Package on it? What options?

Also, when not including the seat area, looks like the X6 has a little more volume. It's when you add the seat area that the X5 takes over. Thinking about traveling with (2) large dogs ... might not work out.

Last edited by BigJay2050; 08-23-2015 at 10:57 AM.