BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Raggtop Saturday

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Roger Catchpole 
#1 ·
Decided to put the Raggtop sealant on today figuring the factory will wear off soon. Hit it with the Raggtop cleaner, 1 hour of masking and ah hour to put 3 coats of sealant on. Now letting it cure for a day or two in the garage (rainy day tomorrow anyway).

Can’t wait to get to the clay bar, polish, seal and wax! Love feeding my OCD!

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: Roger Catchpole
#3 ·
Thanks! Still curing and haven't had out of the garage yet. Inside it does look a deeper black. I'll keep you posted.

#4 ·
Decided to put the Raggtop sealant on today figuring the factory will wear off soon. Hit it with the Raggtop cleaner, 1 hour of masking and ah hour to put 3 coats of sealant on. Now letting it cure for a day or two in the garage (rainy day tomorrow anyway).

Can't wait to get to the clay bar, polish, seal and wax! Love feeding my OCD!
We are buying a Z4 and currently have a Toyota Solara ragtop and previously had a Chrysler Sebring ragtop. Each car I owned for 100,000 miles and I never reconditioned the top. Is this necessary or is it just a way to make it continue to "pop" like the showroom floor for longer? My other cars probably faded a tad, but I never noticed them looking faded.

#5 ·

Can't wait to get to the clay bar, polish, seal and wax! Love feeding my OCD!
Just noticed your matching (similar) plates too.. and the words OCD !!

#6 ·
I previously had a 2006 Z4 3.0i (also had a 2015 E89 is but that obviously didn't need Raggtop) I currently have a 2017 M240i convertible, I used Raggtop cleaner and sealer on both. I've found it doesn't have a noticeable effect on the color and the water beading only lasts a few minutes of a rain until the water stops beading. I also found that taping is a waste of time, I put the top partway up and drape a large tarp over the windshield and side windows and a small one over the back of the car, lower the top to keep in place and just clean any over spray off of the rear window with some Windex and a mf cloth which comes off easily. It will save you an hour of taping. When the lease is up on this car I'm torn between buying a low mileage E85 or E89 or leasing a new Z4 M40i...decisions...decisions.

#7 ·

Can’t wait to get to the clay bar, polish, seal and wax! Love feeding my OCD!
Hi slip10,

Did you pay extra when you bought the Z for paintwork protection and if so, did that include the soft top?

Rog

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.