F15! Can not read BDC_BODY data

12K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  BMW640 
#1 ·
Hit"Reading code" , All ecus going fine except BDC_BODY

Errors below:

Transaktions-Report: Aktion: Codierdaten lesen

cafd_000017be-005_016_107 Fehler:
CPS read from ECU "ECUId:BDC_BODY_0x40" failed! [C070]
openECUConnection for link BDC_BODY_40_ETHERNET failed with error MCDError Severity: 2051, Error Code: 49184, Description: Object with name not found, Vendor Code: 3, Vendor Description: provided name BDC_BODY_40_ETHERNET doesn't map to an item [1694]

#2 · (Edited)
There is a known issue with E-Sys / PSdZData and F15's. Try "Read ECU" instead of "Read VCM" to populate SVT, and then try coding it.

#4 ·
What issue? You can't read BDC module? Did you try Read ECU instead of Read SVT? Do you have E-Sys memory set for 1024 Mb?

#10 · (Edited)
If it is a PSdZ mapping error, this usually only happens with FrankenPSdZdata, where new PSdZData version folder was copied on top of older version, rather then deleting and replacing, or when an ISTA/P Jetstream update (e.g. 52.1) is incorrectly applied to its base PSdZdata (e.g. 52.0).

#12 ·
One of two causes from what I have learned.

Either two different versions of PSdZdata haven been copied, one over the other, ending up with mixed versions in a single folder structure which gives errors or if the wrong connection target is used you can get an error when trying to download certain ECU's CAFD files.

On the F15, BDC_BODY is one that only works using the F25 connection target whereas many of the ECU's can be downloaded using other targets without error. For the F15, the F25 connection target is the correct one to use.

#13 ·
I have same problem where I can not read BDC_BODY can someone send me newest PSdZdata please.
This is error I,m getting Hit"Reading code" , All ecus going fine except BDC_BODY

openECUConnection for link BDC_BODY_40_ETHERNET failed with error MCDError Severity: 2051, Error Code: 49184, Description: Object with name not found, Vendor Code: 3, Vendor Description: provided name BDC_BODY_40_ETHERNET doesn't map to an item [1694]

#19 ·
Sorry to bubble up an old thread, but I've burned a couple hours researching this and still having issues. I'm getting the same error;

I also have the same issue with HKFM. I'm trying to code a 2018 X5 xDrivei35 (F15). I was able to successfully code HU_NBT already on this vehicle, but that's it. I previously coded my F10 (2015 535i) without issue also. I've set the Launcher PRO to include F025 (and tried various other combinations as well). I've messed with the RAM settings. I can't get past this error. Any suggestions? What additional information is needed?

I'm using:

- v.63.3_PSdZData_Full
- Latest Launcher Pro (it just updated) v.3.2.1.153
- E-Sys 3.31.0

Happy to send any logs or screenshots that would help. Thanks so much.

#20 ·
Sorry to bubble up an old thread, but I've burned a couple hours researching this and still having issues. I'm getting the same error;
Description: provided name BDC_BODY_40_ETHERNET doesn't map to an item [1694]
Same Error = Same Answer:

"Object with name not found" and "doesn't map to an item normally means you have incorrect E-Sys Launcher Car Series or E-Sys Connection Target selected."

#23 ·
I have some issues here with my F15 tried to code the new headlight ECUs and I couldn't go past BDC-BODY as ISTA/P keep trying to program and code BDC but was getting NOTExecutable for both. however, the car is dead now nothing works at all.
ISTA/D and ISTA/P cant read Terminal 15 anymore. at some point, ISTA/P asked to replace BDC-BODY. and then tried E-sys but I was getting Gateway/ECUs are not correctly connected or not responding.
the car was working fine! do I need a new BDC-BODY now or what could be the fix?
thanks in advance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.