Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - Idrive software update fixed error codes?
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 08:40 AM
Lost but making good time

Mein Auto: '11 335xi 4dr; '03 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by germans View Post
... all I did was clear the codes and update the BMW iDrive software to the latest. Now I get no error codes.
Sooo...you cleared the fault memory and now you are puzzled as to why there are no faults?

(Sorry, I could not resist.)

As already stated, it just means they were intermittent or non-recurring events. The fault memory includes the latest mileage at which each fault code was logged. When reviewing the memory, if the current mileage (actually it's logged in kilometers) does not approximately equal the current odometer reading, you're unlikely to see the fault again immediately after clearing the memory. Keep an eye out for future occurrences and act accordingly.

Side question: When you say you "updated iDrive software" do you mean the in-system update via the USB port that you initiate from the iDrive menus? Or did you actually upgrade the integration level (i.e., load new firmware) using ISTA/P?

The former is only a driver update for the Bluetooth interface stack. It changes neither the user interface nor fault memory.

BMW CCA

Last edited by Zeichen311; 07-03-2019 at 01:14 PM.