BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Custom Order 328i

4K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  armybiker 
#1 ·
I'm custom ordering 328i and am unsure about a few options. The initial order I made didn't include the Lighting Package but I will correct that. What I'm undecided on is rather or not to get the upgraded audio system and what's the best color combination. Right now I'm thinking Red exterior with black interior with the red stitching. What are your thoughts? I know the color is something I have to like because it's my car but I'm partial to multiple colors and want other opinions. Here's what my order currently looks like.

328i Melbourne Red
Sports line
Premium Package
Technology Package
Rear View Camera
Heated Front Seats
Park Distance Control
Parking Assistant
High Beam Assistant
Lighting Package

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks great! I have black leatherette and black exterior. love it!

I also love the melbourne red, but the wife would not go for it. Titanium and glacier silver are awesome colors with the F30. I would definitely consider those as well. You can still get the aluminum with black stripe inside, which would nicely contrast the exterior.

You have to be careful matching the exterior to the interior. For example, If you get the dark blue color, you are stuck with the red lines inside, which would look a little weird.

My next car will be Estoril Blue II. It wasn't available when I ordered my car. Right now I am curious about the 4 series coupe and if it will be available when my lease is up. I might consider it.

#5 ·
You have to be careful matching the exterior to the interior. For example, If you get the dark blue color, you are stuck with the red lines inside, which would look a little weird.
I believe this is false, even if you stay within the parameters of the sport line. You can still get the black accent stripe with the brushed aluminum trim. That aside, I actually like the Imperial Blue exterior with the red accent stripe on the interior. To me the combination is "Classic" and "sophisticated" on the outside, "sporty" on the inside. I've got no problem with that.

mdsbuc
Master F30 configurator :rofl:
(thousands of hours logged on the bmwusa.com "build your own" application.)

#3 ·
I've seen the combo first hand and think it looks great, very "sporty." This combination is on my short list for our ED next April. My wife puts it #1 on her list. :thumbup:

#7 ·
Upgraded audio depends solely on your driving (& radio listening) habits/preferences. I notice you added the rear view camera and PDC. I assume you live/work in an area where parking on the street and in tight spaces is a daily issue? I've opted to skip these options since that does not apply to me and it's simply not worth the extra $$. Interestingly, it's almost the same cost for the upgraded audio which to me is worth it (based on my preferences).

#10 · (Edited)
328i Melbourne Red
Sports line
Premium Package
Technology Package
Rear View Camera
Heated Front Seats
Park Distance Control
Parking Assistant
High Beam Assistant
Lighting Package
I will be ordering mine tomorrow!

328i Mineral Gray
Sports Line
Premium Package
Tech Package
Lighting Package
Front Seat Heater
Park Distance Control
HK Radio.......

I am pretty damn excited! This wll be my first BMW I hope I didnt make a mistake lol.

I personally got the PDC living in Germany I have to do a lot of parralel parking in my neighborhood and just in general. I know its not that useful in the states but when parking slots are smaller than cars its kidna useful.

#17 ·
Ok, so my final specs are

328i Sedan

Ext - Melbourne Red
Int - Black/Red Highlight
Lighting Package
Premium Package
Sport Line
Technology Package
Alarm System
Rear-view Camera
Heated Front Seats
Park Distance Control
High Beam Assistant
Harma Kardon Surround

I'll be picking it up from BMW Welt in Munich
Invoice price is $46,785 I'm paying $45,985 tax free
I will find out on Monday when I can get a production slot and I was told it only takes a week to actually build. So if I can get one of the November slots I should be able to pick it up in December. That day can't get here soon enough.

#19 ·
Yeah, I used Pentagon. I've been in contact with someone from there for a few years now. The last thing I'm going to try to do if get free car washes lol. Where do you take yours to get serviced? Just a local BMW dealer? From what I've heard about picking it up in Munich is it's an unbelievable experience.

#20 ·
I just ordered mine Friday. I am not sure ill be here long enough to get serviced but the local dealer I guess is really good.

As far as the washes, yeah even in the states that's not gonna happen lol.

Congrats on ur order, we got just about the same car!

#26 ·
Well if you ever have a hard time getting ahold of your dealer let me know and I can just get you the answers from mine.

Be safe, it's this last stretch that always SUCKS. So much to look forward to but keep your head in the game, and always duck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.