BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

The Official F3x OT Thread!

176K views 301 replies 50 participants last post by  Andy01 
#1 ·
The official F3x off-topic thread.

All standard forum behavior rules apply (no personal attacks or NSFW content).

BOOM

#115 ·
Atlanta wants to tie police pay raises to traffic ticket violations. Per the governor this will not increase ticket rates. Obviously, because what person wouldn't want to improve their chances of getting more money.

Talk about creating and legalizing corruption.

#119 ·
Atlanta wants to tie police pay raises to traffic ticket violations...
...The moment you tie pay raises to something like this you will get a cop who will ticket you for going 1 mile over the limit...

It's corruption that will occur.
It is worse than corruption...revenue generation for the city/county/state is one thing but with this, each individual cop is, in effect, getting a commission, we're all fair game: driving too fast for conditions, unsafe lane change, tail gating, too much tint, no front plate, douche attitude, etc.

Then there will be the sheeple who would be all for it...it makes them feel so good when the government keeps them safe. Just like the colossal waste of a joke that is the TSA at airports.....

#116 ·
Or just don't speed.

#117 ·
That's an irrelevant argument. The moment you tie pay raises to something like this you will get a cop who will ticket you for going 1 mile over the limit (you know when passing the guy in front of you who is going slow, this is common). You will get cops who lie.

It's corruption that will occur.

#124 ·
Yea, all those gals at the V-bar?

#126 ·
Hi All,

Climb to the Clouds V was a great success. There was a nice mix of cars from many models years. Mixture of M3's, M5's, 325, 328, 330 and 335.

We will be doing this again next year so keep an eye out. If you are interested in seeing pictures and learning more, then please go to http://www.climbtotheclouds.org/

Thanks to all who were able to attend and to those who were able to support. Thanks to Bimmerfest for the stickies, and providing the community which were able to attend!

#127 ·
Man, a whole week without an update? No wonder this sorry OT thread needs to be sticky.

#128 ·
Thanks for bringing it back alive.

For those that have the Galaxy S4 and are annoyed that Mophi doesn't have a battery pack for it, have no fear...ExoGear has one, and it's great. Doubled the battery life of my phone. It looks good. The only downside (other than the expected weight increase) is the case is "slick" so I constantly feel like it's going to drop

#130 ·
I have no idea what the purpose of the Galaxy Note is. Too big to be a smart phone and too small to be a tablet. You can't really hold it right (unless you got hands like Mutumbo). A bat is less confused about itself than a Note.

#131 ·
I used the iphone 4 for two years and got so sick of the small screen that I went and got the biggest phone at the time, galaxy note 2. Then I sold it shortly afterwards and got the LG Optimus G Pro which is just as big but with much better display. I like this size. I don't use it as a tablet or anything as I have an ipad.

Sent from my LG-E980 using BimmerApp mobile app

#133 ·
So I have the trackball below. One of my favorite types. I want to buy another...yea amazon wants about $300....wtf
Logitech and microsoft don't make this type, because they think the wireless ones are better

#134 ·
but...it says 'logitech' on the mouse....??:dunno:

i like the galaxy device as it is a large enough display to be used as a pda/handheld device to gather customer signatures without being so tiny they have a difficult time signing. plus it has an available printer.

i do not have one, but kinda wish the company would go to someting like this, though. i belive it would be beneficial in several ways. however, it's a decision that is *way* above my pay grade...

df

#137 ·
but...it says 'logitech' on the mouse....??:dunno:
df
Silly decision makers.

Wireless mice have improved in the last 4-5 years or so, enough to say that I would try it for $45 instead of $300. I would test drive one and add DHP if it isn't already equipped with it.
I use the wireless one for work, and it's fine. I prefer the wired (never mess with batteries). I ended up getting another logitech m570 (I have one for work)

Just got Sennhesier PC363D headphones...before this I didnt know how much I was missing in audio experience!

List the headphones you guys have, do you like them?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using BimmerApp mobile app
Those are pretty pricey. I have workout headphones (harder to find then you would think). For my daily experience my home is setup with
Harman Kardan AVR 3600 (I believe)
5 Polk Audio wall mounted speakers
15 inch sub kit that I put together

Let's just say, when I crank this up to about 30% of max volume, I can hear the dishes in the kitchen rattle :)

The Roommate (TM) sleeps two floors up and doesn't really hear the noise (so far at the levels I have used)

#135 ·
Wireless mice have improved in the last 4-5 years or so, enough to say that I would try it for $45 instead of $300. I would test drive one and add DHP if it isn't already equipped with it.

#136 ·
Just got Sennhesier PC363D headphones...before this I didnt know how much I was missing in audio experience!

List the headphones you guys have, do you like them?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using BimmerApp mobile app

#138 ·
For the PS3 Trophy system. Can anyone point me to a large res version? Enough to properly fit on a 27 inch banner (the trophy won't be the entire size)

#141 ·

#142 ·
#144 ·
9 months after the wedding (September 28) will prove that this is not a shotgun wedding! The Roommate (TM) did send this to me, so I am sure she supports it. We need it in EBII, however, to match Booberry.

#146 ·
I might be able to retro that with 20's, and big brakes,

#148 ·
Will Booberry be jealous of the future mini-Furball? I think it's possible. It's a real concern that I have brought up with The Roommate (TM)

#149 ·
#153 ·
Don't believe the hype. Got it!

#156 ·
Android is awesome. I have the latest software, and like all of them they can be easily flashed by those who know what they are doing...this ain't an Apple

#155 ·
#158 ·
Where do you raft? Ever been on the Upper Gauly in W.Virginia?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.