BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

First new car.. and a BMW! :D

5K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Zoogleboogle 
#1 · (Edited)
2014 Alpine White X1 w/Terra... Loads of Pics!

I have a bit of a family history with BMW's, my father has owned a whole bunch of them, and I inherited a 2005 325xi E46 as my first car (after our wrangler died which I learned to drive stick on). It was the best college car. Sadly - I was hit and run by a truck while doing 30 in a 35 through an intersection (Too bad I wasn't speeding!) I used the insurance $$$ to purchase a 2004 325xi, I didn't have a ton of time to shop around as I had no car until I bought one. It had about 90k miles on it, but was a certified pre-owned, and had the suspension, brakes, clutch, etc. all new. I'm at 115K on it now, and have been driving the same model car since I was 16 (so, 6 years). I'm a year out of college, working my butt off at a good job... and its time for a new car :p

I asked around at my dealer for any 2012 or 2013 lightly used x1's but none ever came in. I inquired again if they had any white or black ones come in, and they told me that they had a white 2014 xDrive28i nearly fully loaded option wise. Its a produced but not delivered (they were planning on using it as their showroom car at a different dealership and intercepted it for me) so I don't have to wait the usual 10 weeks, rather only 1-3. Hopefully it will be in soon! :D

It is the x line, Alpine white w/ Terra interior, Dark Copper Trim, Cold Weather Package, Ultimate Package, and Lighting Package. Luckily no Servotronic (Drives me nuts, I love the heavy BMW feel I'm used to from my e46)

Ive always been a lurker w/ no money to put into my car so avoided posting here as I'd temp myself too much. Figured it was time to post :p

Edit: PICS!!!!

Door:

Dark copper has metallic fleck. Took overexposed pic cause of low light just to show this fact. Looks awesome in direct sun.

Cockpit:

More Pics:

100 miles:

Family tradition, if someone buys a new car, everyone throws their change from their cars into the new one. New Car = Change.

and a bonus, my dads new Porsche Panamera GTS:

See less See more
#13 ·
about 4,000 under invoice after loyalty discount. W/ all the packages it came out to about 43.8K, dealer gave me 40K and change - 750 loyalty, so about 39.5 and im in NH so zero sales tax.

How NH gets you is that they charge 2% of the MSRP at registration for a new car - but thats on BASE MSRP - which for the x1 is 31K, not 44. so its basically a 1.5% sales tax instead of 6+ in other states. still way cheaper.

I am only 23, so while my credit is great (score of 801!) I don't have a LOT of things on my credit yet! I put 10K down, and paying the rest over 48 months @ 3.05% A good deal as far as I am concerned. :D

After registration and over time including the APR, it will be almost exactly $42K total, still under invoice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.