BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Loose BMS intakes?

881 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ard 
#1 ·
Just picked up the bms elite intakes for my car but couldn***8217;t help notice how loose everything fit together. For example, when placing the blue cone filters onto the pipes, there was nearly a full inch gap all the way around the thing almost as if they are the wrong size. Once I tightened it all down it fit snug but I couldn***8217;t help but feel like that amount of tightening shouldn***8217;t be necessary. Also, on the short intake side, trying to get the intake to sit correctly was nearly impossible. There is some wiring wrapped in heat tape that is set very firmly in place that was almost directly in the way of the pipe. Anybody install these on their own and have similar problems? Any solutions or tricks? Any help is appreciated.

#3 ·
Those are a scam. Your performance will be worst. Sure you will get excited seeing the blue cones when you open the hood, but they are horrible designs. Heat soak will kill you. They are sucking hot air in from around the engine.

There is a sucker born every minute is most finely demonstrated with air filters and intakes.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.