Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - 35d 2011??
Thread: 35d 2011??
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 06:55 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 X5 xdrive35d White
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroubledGnome View Post
Same here. I bought mine as the second owner with all service/maintenance records.

All recalls have been done and the only emission failure issue was the active tank covered under the extended warranty.

Of course the thermostat has been replaced and I managed to make it to 155k miles on my original NOx sensors.

I love the car and it has been very reliable, although after this summers vacation I'm worried about a trend of part failure when I'm at my most vulnerable. This year the Mass Airflow died and I was forced to use the dealer for repair and part replacement. Last year one of the sensors on the intake died while on vacation and again I was forced to use dealer for the repair. It was great that they were available and not really that expensive. I just hate spending money on things that are easily fixed if I was at home and could have made the repairs myself.

It still is the best family road trip car that I've owned to date. It is very easy to drive for 10 to 12 hours with no complaints from me or the passengers. I also don't think that I'd like it as much as I do with anything other than the M57 as the power source.
Would you mind sharing what was done each of the two visits to the dealer and what the total bill was?

Thanks for the information.