Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - Leaking sunroof
Thread: Leaking sunroof
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 02:30 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2018 640i X-drive GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwambus View Post
The engineer who performed the work advised me that he had camera inspected the drainage channels and there was a brown deposit blocking the driver side channel. Along with that the rubber outlets for the channels which exit near the forward door hinges had some issue. He has corrected these faults and asked me to see how it goes.

I BELIEVE MUD, SALT DEPOSITS AND EVEN FACTORY RUSTPROOFING CAN CLOG THESE OUTLETS.

I park my car on a drive also which results in the front of the car being slightly higher than the rear - as I reverse onto the parking area.

I ALSO BACK IN BUT END UP WITH FRONT LOWER THAN BACK. NEVER BEEN IN A GARAGE.

Interesting you mention leaves as there are none over or above the car but I have noticed leaves in the area at the top of the bonnet, below the windshield. I am wondering if this drainage channel is shared with the sunroof.

UNSURE IF THEY ARE SHARED BUT THEY EASILY CLOG. I OFTEN USE A VACUUM WITH A "SNOUT" TO EITHER CLEAR THEM OR BLOW THE LEAVES OUT. I TOO DO NOT HAVE ANY TREES ABOVE ME BUT THEY ALWAYS FIND ME.

I LOVE MY 640iX GT. CANADIAN CARS CAME FULLY EQUIPPED BUT COST A LOT. NO PROBLEMS OF ANY KIND SO FAR. JUST HAD A LONG TRIP AND FOUND IT TO BE INCREDIBLY COMFORTABLE. UNFORTUNATELY, SALES ARE LOW SO THEY HAVE BEEN DISCONTINUED IN CANADA AND U.S. NOT SURE ABOUT EUROPE. CAR IS VERY RARE IN TORONTO.
Good luck with your problem.
2018 640i X-drive GT; Alpine White, Black Nappa, Piano Blk; M-Sport, Premium (Ceramic, Sirius, Soft-close, Ventilated & Massage Comfort Seats, Surround, Sunshades, Parking Ass't), Advanced Driver Ass't (Lane Keep, Evasion Assist, Steering & Lane Control, Cross Traffic, ACC with Stop & Go), Smartphone, Tint.
Retired: 78 300D, 81 300SD, 87 190E, 88 Porsche 924, 89 260E, 93 300E, 97 Volvo 850, 98 E320, 03 BMW 325iT, 02 C230 Sport Coupe, 08 BMW 535i, 12 535i X-drive

Last edited by Gilgorm; 08-25-2019 at 02:36 PM.