Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - STRANDED IN VEGAS 2012 328i drivetrain malf
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 01:10 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 09 X5d, 06 325i, 06 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdothill View Post
yall... i am so... idek if embarrassed is the appropriate word? i am confused... my gas light wasn't even on... yet... i ran out of gas??

the aaa guy was like, "let me just try and put gas in there," so i was like, "i mean, if you want to... i have 50 miles to empty (the irony is, i was literally on my way to fill up; i was like a 4 minute walk from a gas station)."

he put 2 gallons in... and my car started. and the drivetrain light didn't come back on.

y'all... i am so confused... i've driven only bmw's since 2007... i have NEVER run out of gas... & my light wasn't even on yet.

***x1f3fd; i am thankful, i suppose lol lost a tow on my aaa but, my drivetrain didn't fall out so ***x1f3fd;***x1f602;

thanks!!
Do you have the N51 SULEV engine? Someone else recently posted about running out of gas early with an N51. They sometimes have issues inside the special low emissions gas tank that cause the fuel level to not be accurate. You can track your miles with the odometer as a test.

Last edited by smassey321; 10-10-2019 at 01:27 PM.