Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - Digging Out: Snowmagedon
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2016, 07:37 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 320i
This was my first encounter with xdrive + snow and I must say I am impressed! Snow on most streets around here is 3-8 inches deep because everyone keeps dumping snow into the street. I have watched or waited behind countless 2wd cars getting stuck. Xdrive with all seasons handled like a champ!

In my experience with Big Suvs and pickups, xdrive on f30 is almost as good as being in an SUV. Big SUVs have advantage of higher clearance, locked 4 wheel drive, and higher power. However, when compared to small SUVs, 320ix (tuned) may be even better. Low center of gravity, smart awd, and 270 ft lbs of torque!

Last few winters I just wouldn't even bother digging my fwd car out because I wouldn't be able to go in it anywhere. AWD was the main selling point of 320 for me. But there was no way to test/expeience the advantage at time of purchase. Well it did not dissapoint!

I mainly drove around in Sport+ today. Would you agree that for snow this is the way to go? I figured this gives dynamic traction control and delayed shifts for better power. Right?

Snow coming down yesterday

Driving around after epic dig out.

Roads still covered but xdrive is awesome.