How To Easily Find Information on Your E39 Topic Before Posting a New Thread - Page 5 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E39 (1997 - 2003)

E39 (1997 - 2003)
The BMW 5-Series (E39 chassis) was introduced in the United States as a 1997 model year car and lasted until the 2004 when the E60 chassis was released. The United States saw several variations including the 525i, 528i, 530i and 540i. -- View the E39 Wiki

Old 03-06-2018, 06:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2002 525i
sorry, me again

Hey, how does one know if someone has responded to a post or thread that they made? I don't know if I receive an email stating this, or if I just have to keep on refreshing the website/forum until I see someone has responded to my posts.

I tried to find my "Profile" to see if I could change anything there that might alter how I know if someone has responded to me, but I no longer can find how to change my profile, or if "profile" even contains choices of how I would be notified if someone answered a question of mine.

Okay, NEVER MIND. I just edited my settings and I can see that I will receive an email notification when someone responds to my posts.

Thanks again,

Greg

Last edited by GregT55; 03-06-2018 at 06:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2018, 12:12 AM

Mein Auto: 3 e39 e30 e10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregT55 View Post
Hey, how does one know if someone has responded to a post or thread that they made? I don't know if I receive an email stating this, or if I just have to keep on refreshing the website/forum until I see someone has responded to my posts.

I tried to find my "Profile" to see if I could change anything there that might alter how I know if someone has responded to me, but I no longer can find how to change my profile, or if "profile" even contains choices of how I would be notified if someone answered a question of mine.

Okay, NEVER MIND. I just edited my settings and I can see that I will receive an email notification when someone responds to my posts.

Thanks again,

Greg
<

Sent from my SM-G950F using Bimmerfest mobile app
Old 03-13-2019, 09:00 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 540i MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregT55 View Post
Well, I did just make a post asking for help after I saw this thread which suggested that we first do a search because it is likely that my topic has already come up and many great answers have already been given. I used the "Advanced Search" feature. Nothing worked. I even used the words "coolant adventures" in my search line because I'd just seen a thread title with those two words in it and still didn't find any matches. I'd love to just find where my topic (my ac/heater constantly blows and my controls do not change it at all. It also runs even after I turn my car off) is and see what all of the advice is that has already been given. Any help with this search feature would be great.

Thanks.

Greg

I’ve found that using google to search the forum tends to work best for me. Go to google and enter ‘site: bimmerfest.com your search terms here’

That will return results limited to the URL entered after ‘site:’ - seems to work much better than the site search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2019, 07:09 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '99 528iTA Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSporting View Post
I’ve found that using google to search the forum tends to work best for me. Go to google and enter ‘site: bimmerfest.com your search terms here’

That will return results limited to the URL entered after ‘site:’ - seems to work much better than the site search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a great way to search any site, I don't use any built-in search engines anymore.

Just make sure when you type "site:" you don't leave a space between the colon and the URL. Example: "site:bimmerfest.com coolant adventures" if you want to search for "coolant adventures".

2000 Volvo V70R B5244T2- Manual swapped, daily
1992 Mazda Miata 1.8 swapped

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E39 (1997 - 2003)
Today's Posts Search