2020 M2C Price Quote - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1M & M2 > F87 M2 (2016 - current)

F87 M2 (2016 - current)
BMW will be unveiling the upcoming F87 M2 and this is the place to talk about it. Are you adding one of these to your garage?

Old 04-05-2019, 09:56 PM

Mein Auto:
2020 M2C Price Quote

Hi all this is my first post here. I struggled finding a forum that had an existing answer to this question or in particular, to this model.

I've recently been quite interested in the 2020 M2 Competiton and the dealer quoted me saying that they basically will "not negotiate" the purchase price. I thought this was a bit odd even though given its slightly limited production that this asking price was a bit high.

I was wondering if anyone in these forums recently made a purchase or know someone who had made a purchase and what that price would look like? In particular what is there to negotiate in this situation aside from dealer fees and maybe the destination? Or am I out of luck here.

Thanks all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2019, 04:38 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 535i + 2018 X3 30i
BMW intentionally limits the production of M2's and now M2C's. They really screwed up and built a $50k to $60k car that is just as good or better than their $60k to 80k car (M3/4's). With literally a click of a mouse they could make F22's rolling off the assembly line M2C's instead of 230i's for M240i's. But, that would hurt sales of the more profitable M3/4's.

The current M4 will be going out of production before the current M2C goes out of production. So, during that window where the is no M3 or M4 being produced BMW might ramp up M2C production. That might be the only time to get a deal on an M2C.

I was at just about the front of the two-year-long line for an E46 M3 coupe'. I had to pay full sticker. But, after one year it was still worth what I paid for it (less the 6% sales tax). After twelve years and 115k miles, it was still worth about 20% of MSRP. For an exceptional car, you have to pay the piper. But, those exceptional cars hold their value better.
Old 04-06-2019, 06:33 AM

Mein Auto:
Thanks and I appreciate the advice!

I'm not sure what the usual dealings are today, but I'm assuming the only negotiable position would be for some cheaper service value add or waiving of certain tack on fees above MSRP?

Given that there's rumors swirling around the M2CS, I wonder what the effect on resale value there could be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2019, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldorg View Post
Thanks and I appreciate the advice!

I'm not sure what the usual dealings are today, but I'm assuming the only negotiable position would be for some cheaper service value add or waiving of certain tack on fees above MSRP?

Given that there's rumors swirling around the M2CS, I wonder what the effect on resale value there could be.
The current 2 Series (which includes the M2C) is also nearing the end of it's production cycle.

It depends on where you live. In California, Hawaii, Alaska, and maybe the northeast, new cars in high demand go for well over MSRP. When I bought my M3 for MSRP, they were selling for $5k to $10k over MSRP in California.

A lot of dealerships will not go over MSRP, but will first offer in-demand cars to their best customers.

You ultimately decide what a car is worth. If the dealer's offer is too much, the showrooms always have a door leading to the parking lot and back to your current car.

When that window opens when M2C's are still being produce but M3/4's aren't, I'm gong to make an offer to "my" dealership for an M2C, probably to split the difference between MSRP and (so-called) dealer invoice with me still getting all of my normal incentives (BMW FS Visa credits, USAA discounts). If he bites, I'll be driving a new M2C. If not, I'll still be driving an older 535i. The longer I keep my 535i, the greater the chance of it getting replaced with a Porsche 911 instead of another BMW. My car salesman and sales manager know that, and they can act accordingly.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:47 PM

Mein Auto:
just out of curiosity, would loyalty or fleet discount apply for the m2c? thanks
Old 04-20-2019, 09:00 AM
pay it forward

Mein Auto: E91 sports wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by WC24 View Post
just out of curiosity, would loyalty or fleet discount apply for the m2c? thanks
M vehicles are excluded in most things (example: x amount for an oil change-M models excluded) but for your question, I am not sure.

Honda Pilot EX-L
Old 04-25-2019, 11:34 AM
former motorcycle rider

Mein Auto: F87 & F01
Typically a hard to find/limited production car like the M2 does not qualify for most incentives.

I suggest to the OP that he/she update their profile with their location. This is the Internet, and people from all over the USA as well as other countries contribute.

There are other M2 forums, but rules prohibit me listing them here.

It is possible to get a discount on an M2C. Rare, unlikely, but possible.

The M2CS will be like the M4GTS - a big marketing push for a slight performance upgrade for a huge increase in price that will not be maintained in resale. IMHO.
Old 04-25-2019, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WC24 View Post
Back in the early-1970's there was a courier company (I think in Chicago) that operated a fleet of BMW 2002's. Can you imagine a courier company operating a fleet of M2C's? Stuff would get delivered really fast, and their labor costs would be zero, because drivers would work for free.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:53 AM
pay it forward

Mein Auto: E91 sports wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoputzer View Post
Back in the early-1970's there was a courier company (I think in Chicago) that operated a fleet of BMW 2002's. Can you imagine a courier company operating a fleet of M2C's? Stuff would get delivered really fast, and their labor costs would be zero, because drivers would work for free.

Ha! I would apply for a job there for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

Honda Pilot EX-L
Old 05-31-2019, 10:31 AM

Mein Auto: e39 M5
Remember that as a BMWCCA member, you would get $500 off an M2C with their rebate program. Not a lot, but better than nothing.
Old 05-31-2019, 10:45 AM

Having USAA insurance gets you $1000 off on an M2C, but that doesn't stack on top of the BMWCCA discount.

BMW recently changed their credit cards for the better. The points and credits on those are pretty good now. You now earn 3 to 4% back on purchases made at (any) car dealerships. When I buy my next GM beater (new), I'm going to put a big chunk of it on my BMW FS Visa card.

Between USAA, BMW loyalty, and BMW FS credits and points, I got $5200 off on our last BMW.
Old 06-03-2019, 09:28 PM

Mein Auto: Future M2
Quote:
Having USAA insurance gets you $1000 off on an M2C, but that doesn't stack on top of the BMWCCA discount.

BMW recently changed their credit cards for the better. The points and credits on those are pretty good now. You now earn 3 to 4% back on purchases made at (any) car dealerships. When I buy my next GM beater (new), I'm going to put a big chunk of it on my BMW FS Visa card.

Between USAA, BMW loyalty, and BMW FS credits and points, I got $5200 off on our last BMW.
You may want to check those terms again. I just looked it up and I believe it states the cash back are available at BMW centers only.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Old 06-04-2019, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakm2back View Post
You may want to check those terms again. I just looked it up and I believe it states the cash back are available at BMW centers only.

It says "at BMW centers," not "at BMW centers only."

Here's the rebate rules pamphlet I got with my BMW FS Visa card. The big print says you get the elevated rebate rates "at BMW centers." But, that's with a footnote ("1"), and there's always important stuff in the footnotes if you're dealing with credit cards. Rebates are based on the "retail merchant category" used by Visa. The footnote goes on to say you also get the elevated rebate rates at any new or used car or truck dealership, automotive tire stores, automotive parts and accessories stores. Usually footnotes with credit cards are bad news. But, this is a rare exception.

Since "BMW centers" are a subset of "at any new or used car or truck dealership, automotive tire store, automotive parts and accessories stores," saying you get the elevated rebates at BMW centers is technically true. It's sort of like "discounts up to...," or "minimum AKI rating of...."

A lot of BMW dealerships are part of a group of dealerships of multiple brands, but they run all their credit card purchases through one account. So, they can't track sales from only the BMW dealerships. I bought an air filter at a BMW dealership in late 2017. The purchase showed up on my statement as from their Pontiac dealership, which had been out of business since 2010.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 20160111 bmw fs visa card benetif pamphlet.pdf (1.50 MB, 17 views)
Old 06-06-2019, 11:58 PM

Mein Auto: Future M2
Quote:
It says "at BMW centers," not "at BMW centers only."

Here's the rebate rules pamphlet I got with my BMW FS Visa card. The big print says you get the elevated rebate rates "at BMW centers." But, that's with a footnote ("1"), and there's always important stuff in the footnotes if you're dealing with credit cards. Rebates are based on the "retail merchant category" used by Visa. The footnote goes on to say you also get the elevated rebate rates at any new or used car or truck dealership, automotive tire stores, automotive parts and accessories stores. Usually footnotes with credit cards are bad news. But, this is a rare exception.

Since "BMW centers" are a subset of "at any new or used car or truck dealership, automotive tire store, automotive parts and accessories stores," saying you get the elevated rebates at BMW centers is technically true. It's sort of like "discounts up to...," or "minimum AKI rating of...."

A lot of BMW dealerships are part of a group of dealerships of multiple brands, but they run all their credit card purchases through one account. So, they can't track sales from only the BMW dealerships. I bought an air filter at a BMW dealership in late 2017. The purchase showed up on my statement as from their Pontiac dealership, which had been out of business since 2010.
Very nice!

This means I should get this card too!

Old 06-07-2019, 04:30 AM

They run specials, too. A few months before we bought our last BMW, they sent me a offer of 10% rebates for a six-day period. I had a road trip coming up, and I needed to get some land cleared. So, I hit them for $6k in charges in six days. They also had a special once where the gave $100 in bonus rebates if I spent $2k in December.

Our last BMW was $55k and change out the door. BMW FS was having a deal: 1.9% for 60 months. Financing $50k got me the $500 credit on the card, plus I put the remaining $5k due on the card. You get the rebates on a new car in $100 increments. I racked up $1200 in rebates in about 16 months.

I'm a credit card "rebate ranger." I select which cards I use for specific types of purchases to maximize my rebates. That means credit card companies probably lose money on me. Chase called me years ago and asked if I wanted an Ink card. I only use if for the elevated points purchases: restaurants, office supply stores, home improvement stores. Every few years they call me up, do some friendly chit-chat, and eventually get around to asking what type of business I have. I tell them I'm a freelance restaurant critic, and then I let out a big burp. They leave me alone for few more years.

I have a GM MasterCard, but I'm grandfathered in on the old rebate rules from the 1990's: 5% on purchases up to $10k/calendar year, and points are good for 84 months (seven years). If I plan my purchases right (first year: all purchases in the later part of the year, last year: all purchases in the earlier part of the year), I get $4k off on a GM car. My beaters are always GM's bought new. Next spring I'm buying my third GM beater, and I'll put a big chunk of that purchase on my BMW FS card.

Once, GM MasterCard sent me cash advance checks and said I'd earn 5% if I used them, but I'd be paying the cash advance interest rate. Back then I got 5% rebates on purchases up to $20k/year, and I couldn't get there when I was single. So, I read all the rules, and sent them a check for $7k. As soon as it cleared, I paid my rent for eight months in advance and made a few other purchases. Because my account had a negative balance, I didn't get charged any interest.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:52 AM

Mein Auto: jcw mini
I am shopping the M2 competition and maybe the cs and I think if you can get one at MSRP, then be happy; if you can get one at a discount then do your happy dance. This car looks amazing in person. I had a 135 n54 and this car looks like the M1 of my dreams, but they are calling it a m2 comp this time around. I am buying one at msrp and I'm okay with it since I live in Socal and it's the wildwest of car markets... so buyers need to do their research. Forums like this are great... because your new buyers, old buyers, enthusiast and dealers are all interacting... I've not been here since selling the 135, but I'm putting in an order for a Long Beach Blue M2 C with Jacqueline in Murrieta this week and I'm very excited.

Last edited by germshep; 07-09-2019 at 09:53 AM.
Old 07-15-2019, 06:30 PM

Mein Auto: F15-D, F32 M-Sport
Can the dealer mark up the price if I want European delivery?
Old 07-16-2019, 04:57 AM
former motorcycle rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaaDaaBoo View Post
Can the dealer mark up the price if I want European delivery?
Dealers can do whatever they want. I think (others probably know better) that the Euro delivery discount is a set amount determined by BMW, but if the dealer wants to make more or less money, they can adjust that price as much as they wish.
Old 08-28-2019, 06:54 PM

Mein Auto: S430
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwgtech View Post
This is very true!
Hi guys I'm new to the forum.... I just placed an order for a 2020 M2C shopped online, text and phone which was time consuming but got a discounted price which I'm happy with. Some dealers will not budge from MSRP and others will discount 2-4k off MSRP.
Good to know this.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:54 AM

Mein Auto:
Pulling the trigger

I was in to test drive an 2020 M2C over the weekend followed by a Porsche Cayman (base) and after driving back to back I am pulling the trigger on the M2C.

The dealer is offering me $2700 off on a car that is inbound this month - Hockenheim Silver, Executive with DCT and nothing else, so the perfect car for everyday driving and track use. Based on everything I have seen in the forums it seems like a great price, especially since it will arrive in 2 weeks.

Thoughts? And one question - I always do the wheel tire package because of where I live (horrible roads), does anyone know the cost of that through BMW?

Last edited by alfreeman; 09-09-2019 at 04:56 AM.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfreeman View Post
I was in to test drive an 2020 M2C over the weekend followed by a Porsche Cayman (base) and after driving back to back I am pulling the trigger on the M2C.

The dealer is offering me $2700 off on a car that is inbound this month - Hockenheim Silver, Executive with DCT and nothing else, so the perfect car for everyday driving and track use. Based on everything I have seen in the forums it seems like a great price, especially since it will arrive in 2 weeks.

Thoughts? And one question - I always do the wheel tire package because of where I live (horrible roads), does anyone know the cost of that through BMW?
Congratulations! There was a white M2C (DCT, Executive, sunroof) in "my" dealer's showroom, when I had Frau Putzer's X3 in for service. They had to order parts for her car/truck. The M2C was still there when I went back a week later to have the parts installed. It sounds like it's time for BMW dealers to start discounting M2C's.

What's holding me back is figuring out how to implement a spare tire for the M2C. If a car doesn't have a spare tire, I don't need it. I'm also looking at the new Porsche 911, the 992." The 991's had a spare available. But, the rolling diameter of the rear tires are 1" larger than the front ones on a 992. If neither offers a spare tire, I'll end up with a 330i in a few years.

Check ShopBMWUSA.com. They list winter tire and wheel packages, and oddly have reasonable prices. With the larger brakes on an M2C, there might not be anything else available though.
Old 09-10-2019, 04:10 AM
former motorcycle rider

I don't understand why no spare is holding you back, @Autoputzer. That's the exception, not the rule these days. You can get a spare with jack and tools from BMW for a few hundred bucks. Sure, it takes up some trunk space, but what ya gonna do? And I don't think the 991 came with a spare.

As for @alfreeman, $2700 off sounds like a good deal if it's a 2020. If it's a 2019, then that's already last year's car, and that should be taken into account. The tire/wheel insurance is something that is sold by the dealer, not BMW, so prices will vary widely. I will suggest however that whatever the price, it's largely profit, so you should be able to swing a good discount on whatever price they initially offer you.
Old 09-10-2019, 04:22 AM

Mein Auto:
@BeemerGuy, yes this is a brand new 2020 that is inbound to the dealer the week of the 23rd, so I felt like that discount was pretty good, plus it keeps me at the low end of the payment I was looking to achieve. And agreed, I always got a discount on my Benz wheel/tire package. The first offer they have made is $2500 for 5 years unlimited mileage for both wheel/tire (no deductible or limitations) and paintless dent removal (which I don't really need). I'm going to go back to them at $2k and tell them that's what I can do.

If anyone else in the forum has any experience with purchasing the insurance through the dealer and has costs let me know. I've seen a couple forums where people claimed the dealers wanted around $4k which is just outrageous. Keep in mind I live in a city with horrible road conditions and have had a minimum of 1 wheel replaced on all my Benzes, and I suspect a wheel on the M2C is not a cheap proposition, so this really is a requirement in my opinion. And it does include road rash repair (you can't control what a valet does unfortunately).
Old 09-10-2019, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerGuy View Post
I don't understand why no spare is holding you back, @Autoputzer. That's the exception, not the rule these days. You can get a spare with jack and tools from BMW for a few hundred bucks. Sure, it takes up some trunk space, but what ya gonna do? And I don't think the 991 came with a spare.

As for @alfreeman, $2700 off sounds like a good deal if it's a 2020. If it's a 2019, then that's already last year's car, and that should be taken into account. The tire/wheel insurance is something that is sold by the dealer, not BMW, so prices will vary widely. I will suggest however that whatever the price, it's largely profit, so you should be able to swing a good discount on whatever price they initially offer you.
Here's my favorite BF thread of all time about what can happen if you don't have a spare tire: the sad tale of the once proud F25 X3 owner and his $1400 flat tire.

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=917185

I'm not sure if an M2C's front tire would fit on the back (with maybe a spacer and some longer lug bolts).

Porsche makes a spare for the 991 Carrera and Carrera S, but it doesn't work with ceramic brakes. Sun Coast Porsche in Floriduh sells them. They're Porsche OE, but probably a gray market item for the U.S.. They only fit on the front. If you have flat in the back (usually what happens), you put a front tire on the back and the spare on the front.

I'm hoping that the 992 could tolerate a 1" larger diameter tire in the front and they make the spare to match the rear tires' diameter.

I carried a spare in my E46 M3. I had a blowout on Saturday afternoon. In 20 minutes I was back on the road.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150317 991 spare tire kit.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	864111   Click image for larger version

Name:	20120808 spare tire kit in back seat.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	864113  
Old 09-10-2019, 06:40 AM

Mein Auto: S430
[QUOTE=Autoputzer;13101933]

I carried a spare in my E46 M3. I had a blowout on Saturday afternoon. In 20 minutes I was back on the road.[quote]
20 minutes!?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1M & M2 > F87 M2 (2016 - current)
Today's Posts Search