Video on how to manually close the e64 convertible top - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > 6 Series DIY

6 Series DIY
6 Series Do It Yourself (DIY) forum.

Old 07-10-2019, 01:10 PM

Mein Auto: e63 M6, e64 650i conv
Video on how to manually close the e64 convertible top

Had a fellow e64 650i owner track me down from my YouTube channel to help sort out his issues with his convertible top (his would not even begin the opening or closing cycle and his windows were not functioning due to some issues with faults and sensors...turns out the main problem was a corroded hall sensor for the back window glass and the motors were damaged from folks in the past trying to open it manually).

Since I could not find a good step by step video on how to manually close the top in an emergency, I made on in case others might want to see the steps involved (there's always a chance it will have to be done now that the cars are getting a bit older). Below is a link to the video for reference:

Hopefully it helps someone , Steve

Last edited by Waitingondapig; 07-10-2019 at 01:12 PM.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > 6 Series DIY
Today's Posts Search