F86 X6M Winter tire & wheel recommendations - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X6 F16 (2015 - Current)

X6 F16 (2015 - Current)
The all new 2015 BMW X6 is the second generation luxury cross over. BMW referes to the X6 as a Sports Activity Coupe (SAC) as it combines the attributes of an SUV (high ground clearance, xDrive and all-weather ability) with the stance, styling and roof line shape of a coupe. The F16 BMW X6 is build side by side with the F15 X5 at BMW's BMW's Spartanburg, SC plant. Read all about the second generation BMW X6 here!

Old 10-25-2018, 12:51 AM

Mein Auto:
F86 X6M Winter tire & wheel recommendations

Hey Everyone,

New to the Forum... purchased 2016 X6M (F16). Love it but now realize winter will be an issue. I am considering purchasing a winter tire & rim package. Any recommendations? Has anyone done the same? Reviewed Tire Rack already... limited options. Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3903.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	202.8 KB
ID:	825169  

Last edited by 599gtb; 10-26-2018 at 10:53 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2019, 08:07 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X6 xDrive35i F16
Id be willing to buy this pair of wheels if youre ever selling

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest
Old 10-22-2019, 10:20 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 35i, M-Sport
20" black set

I'm selling mine for $2500 including OEM TPMS. They are 20" staggered that are barely used. see pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	X6 Winter set.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	869239   Click image for larger version

Name:	pirelli 2.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	869241   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pirelli 1.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	869243   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016 X6 winter set.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	869245  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2019, 03:39 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2016 X6 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 599gtb View Post
Hey Everyone,

New to the Forum... purchased 2016 X6M (F16). Love it but now realize winter will be an issue. I am considering purchasing a winter tire & rim package. Any recommendations? Has anyone done the same? Reviewed Tire Rack already... limited options. Thanks in advance!
I went through this exactly this week with my 2016 x6 50i. Be warned that x5 wheels are not interchangeable with the x6 even if they're same size, at least per what my dealer told me. I ended up shopping on ebay where I found a slightly used set (255/50/19) from another f16 x6 on oem style 594 wheels for only $1350 with free shipping. Another word of warning, none of my local bmw dealers would put tires not purchased from them, so instead of paying costco $650 for a set of bridgestone blizzaks I was forced into paying $1300 for a pair of pirelli scorpion winter (at least they're rft)
Why didn't I just go to a shop to have them installed? Because none of the shops in my area have a "wheel force balancing" machine to properly balance them. They all claim to balance them correctly but all they do is to add weights to them. (Not to mention I wouldn't trust costco or jiffylube work on my car)
Yet another word of warning: do not cheap out on tpm sensors if you want them to work. I spend $130 on two sets bought from an ebay seller for mine and my wife's x5 and they didn't work despite being advertised as "high quality". One set had broken stem valves and losing air, the other would not even register with the car. They were all counterfeit chinese replicas Now, one day later the other set stopped working and I get no reading from them anymore, so money wasted. Can't return them either because that means another trip to the dealer and more money wasted to take them off. I noticed too late but the ebay add said US seller with the US flag, shipped from California, but the user was registered in China so that's a tell tale.
2015 328i M-Sport (hers), x-drive, new, alpine white
2007 328i (mine), rwd, used, silver
Old 11-27-2019, 03:43 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2016 X6 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerbingo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 599gtb View Post
Hey Everyone,

I went through this exactly this week with my 2016 x6 50i. Be warned that x5 wheels are not interchangeable with the x6 even if they're same size, at least per what my dealer told me. I ended up shopping on ebay where I found a slightly used set (255/50/19) from another f16 x6 on oem style 594 wheels for only $1350 with free shipping. Another word of warning, none of my local bmw dealers would put tires not purchased from them, so instead of paying costco $650 for a set of bridgestone blizzaks I was forced into paying $1300 for a pair of pirelli scorpion winter (at least they're rft)
Why didn't I just go to a shop to have them installed? Because none of the shops in my area have a "wheel force balancing" machine to properly balance them. They all claim to balance them correctly but all they do is to add weights to them. (Not to mention I wouldn't trust costco or jiffylube work on my car)
Yet another word of warning: do not cheap out on tpm sensors if you want them to work. I spend $130 on two sets bought from an ebay seller for mine and my wife's x5 and they didn't work despite being advertised as "high quality". One set had broken stem valves and losing air, the other would not even register with the car. They were all counterfeit chinese replicas Now, one day later the other set stopped working and I get no reading from them anymore, so money wasted. Can't return them either because that means another trip to the dealer and more money wasted to take them off. I noticed too late but the ebay add said US seller with the US flag, shipped from California, but the user was registered in China so that's a tell tale.
Also one last thing, I'd recommend against buying tirerack rims as they're not as sturdy as oem rims from what I have read, except BBS which are made in Germany but cost $$$$ and look very tacky (I know, looks are subjective). At least tirerack tells you where the rims are manufactured, unfortunately most are made in taiwan, or china)
2015 328i M-Sport (hers), x-drive, new, alpine white
2007 328i (mine), rwd, used, silver

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
winter rims, winter tires, x6m wheels

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X6 F16 (2015 - Current)
Today's Posts Search