DAB retrofit problem - Page 2 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums



Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series & 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion of BMW's 4th generation E65/E66 7 Series flagship. The E65 generated much controversy, due to its radical styling and iDrive user difficulties. Nonetheless, the E65 broke records to become the best-selling 7-series iteration ever, especially after its 2005 facelift.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 09-05-2019, 10:18 AM
cimdahers cimdahers is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Riga
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 239
Mein Auto: BMW e65 730d
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbelito View Post
Cool, hat's a steal! I wonder how rare this individual fridge is and for what cars it was offered to?
Do you have a part number on it?

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
For years I see this for first time...

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #27  
Old 09-07-2019, 03:09 PM
irish745 irish745 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: ireland
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 442
Mein Auto: E66 760Li individual
My little stash

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-08-2019, 07:59 AM
vibbelito's Avatar
vibbelito vibbelito is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sweden, Luleå
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 657
Mein Auto: 2007 730i E65
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish745 View Post
My little stash

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk
I actually fond one 9167132 for 4,6 euro excluding shipping

I only hoard MMIs and ACC2 sensors


Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-08-2019, 11:13 PM
vibbelito's Avatar
vibbelito vibbelito is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sweden, Luleå
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 657
Mein Auto: 2007 730i E65
I tried my DAB+ receiver last Friday and it worked althoug the signal in my area is extremely weak and was hard to get in. I had to hang the powered external antenna that I got with it at a precise spot in the air for it to work. And when connected to the OEM TV antenna I got no signal at all so we'll see how it goes when I start driving.


Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-09-2019, 12:05 AM
cimdahers cimdahers is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Riga
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 239
Mein Auto: BMW e65 730d
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbelito View Post
I tried my DAB+ receiver last Friday and it worked althoug the signal in my area is extremely weak and was hard to get in. I had to hang the powered external antenna that I got with it at a precise spot in the air for it to work. And when connected to the OEM TV antenna I got no signal at all so we'll see how it goes when I start driving.


Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
Could You please post the part number of the receiver, or a picture of it?

Meanwhile for an offtopic. I retrofitted the fridge.
Takes some extra space in the trunk, and whithout covers looks messy. Cannot find the covers anywhere online. New.are axtreme***316;y expensive. Also the cover inside is actua***316;y from my ski-bag trim. New costs around 90€.
Otherwise it cools prerty well. After testing it for some hours I took a cold Prosecco out of it.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 09-09-2019, 12:26 AM
vibbelito's Avatar
vibbelito vibbelito is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sweden, Luleå
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 657
Mein Auto: 2007 730i E65
Quote:
Originally Posted by cimdahers View Post
Could You please post the part number of the receiver, or a picture of it?

Meanwhile for an offtopic. I retrofitted the fridge.
Takes some extra space in the trunk, and whithout covers looks messy. Cannot find the covers anywhere online. New.are axtreme***316;y expensive. Also the cover inside is actua***316;y from my ski-bag trim. New costs around 90€.
Otherwise it cools prerty well. After testing it for some hours I took a cold Prosecco out of it.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
This is the one I bought:


"DR700BMW"
This is one ebay ad for it:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/DAB-Retrofi...wAAOSwVL5a5cSE

I bought mine as a returned product so it was about 50euro off.

This is the seller's all ads in case the other one disappear.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?sid=...ne=true&_pgn=1

You should try to find the inside cabin trim, as it look like the skii bag one leaves a small gap.
Does it have any connection to the canbus
For remote Control of it?
And does it turn off with the car?
Also can it run at different temperatures?

Because at -0.7°C I think water will freeze. Althoug that will be fine for prosecco and beer

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-09-2019, 12:36 AM
cimdahers cimdahers is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Riga
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 239
Mein Auto: BMW e65 730d
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbelito View Post
This is the one I bought:


"DR700BMW"
This is one ebay ad for it:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/DAB-Retrofi...wAAOSwVL5a5cSE

I bought mine as a returned product so it was about 50euro off.

This is the seller's all ads in case the other one disappear.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?sid=...ne=true&_pgn=1

You should try to find the inside cabin trim, as it look like the skii bag one leaves a small gap.
Does it have any connection to the canbus
For remote Control of it?
And does it turn off with the car?
Also can it run at different temperatures?

Because at -0.7°C I think water will freeze. Althoug that will be fine for prosecco and beer

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
Hi, and how this connects to MOST?

The fridge is rather simple wiring. No CAN bus, therefore it is controlled only by hardware. Probably with rear IHKA2 there are some settings which can be coded and controlled over idrive.ir so, as then that fridge is connected to the IHKA2.
Mine just has +, - and two additional wires -one for ambient lighting/dimming on the button, and the other to the power module.
Since the PIN in the power module has already been occupied (therefore I connected to the existing wire), then I suppose it switches off the fridge after the car goes asleep. I saw in schematics that it is co***326;ected to the control of reading lights and rear armrest and other. So it should turn off.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-09-2019, 12:58 AM
irish745 irish745 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: ireland
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 442
Mein Auto: E66 760Li individual
There are 4 wires on ur fridge and the electric fridge
+ to fusebox in rear
-
Light wire which is joined to all the light accessory wires in the rear
Power module pin this wire is connected to a few accessories and if battery goes low or when car goes asleep the powermodule switches the accessories off when car powered down or if non essential when battery low when car is running .i do have exact fuse and pin lications if anyone needs them .the boot trims for this coolbox are the same for the ac controlled coolbox and requires the 2 brackets the rear confort seat modules are bolted onto if ur car doesnt have them u need to fit them then there are left and right side panel and centre panel which covers it all in conpletely far neater and tidier .u could cut ur old side trims once u had the centre trim as the newer side trims are just shorter version

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-09-2019, 01:06 AM
cimdahers cimdahers is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Riga
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 239
Mein Auto: BMW e65 730d
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish745 View Post
There are 4 wires on ur fridge and the electric fridge
+ to fusebox in rear
-
Light wire which is joined to all the light accessory wires in the rear
Power module pin this wire is connected to a few accessories and if battery goes low or when car goes asleep the powermodule switches the accessories off when car powered down or if non essential when battery low when car is running .i do have exact fuse and pin lications if anyone needs them .the boot trims for this coolbox are the same for the ac controlled coolbox and requires the 2 brackets the rear confort seat modules are bolted onto if ur car doesnt have them u need to fit them then there are left and right side panel and centre panel which covers it all in conpletely far neater and tidier .u could cut ur old side trims once u had the centre trim as the newer side trims are just shorter version

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk
Exactly, thanks
The trims, yeah I shall look for whole three - side panels and centre.
Shall look for a long version in a junk-yard probably. Certainly will not by the new ones...


With regard to temperatures - the fridge switches on when the temperature is 7..8 degrees or above, and switches off at 0. Then there.is a little while when the temperature continues to drop for a little, and then goes up until 7..8.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-09-2019, 05:14 AM
vibbelito's Avatar
vibbelito vibbelito is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sweden, Luleå
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 657
Mein Auto: 2007 730i E65
Quote:
Originally Posted by cimdahers View Post
Hi, and how this connects to MOST?
This connects to the most network in the same way as the OEM DAB tuner. MOST and power only. It's the same connector used for the CD changer as well. That was how I was able to test it with it connected at the front where the changer is. My changer has thrown in the towel and gets stuck not able to eject or change the CD. Even though I took it apart and put new lithium grease all over it.


Anyway ths DAB+ tuner is a direct replacement for the DAB tuner with the same connectors. However it is missing the L-band antenna input, but from what I've been able to find out the L-band isn't used for any DAB broadcasts. Some new holder for it will have to be made unfortunately.

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-09-2019, 05:18 AM
cimdahers cimdahers is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Riga
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 239
Mein Auto: BMW e65 730d
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbelito View Post
This connects to the most network in the same way as the OEM DAB tuner. MOST and power only. It's the same connector used for the CD changer as well. That was how I was able to test it with it connected at the front where the changer is. My changer has thrown in the towel and gets stuck not able to eject or change the CD. Even though I took it apart and put new lithium grease all over it.


Anyway ths DAB+ tuner is a direct replacement for the DAB tuner with the same connectors. However it is missing the L-band antenna input, but from what I've been able to find out the L-band isn't used for any DAB broadcasts. Some new holder for it will have to be made unfortunately.

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
So, I can just buy the DAB+ tuner and install it instead of my older OEM DAB? So simple?

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-09-2019, 05:19 AM
cimdahers cimdahers is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Riga
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 239
Mein Auto: BMW e65 730d
... and it is being contro***316;ed over idrive same way as if it was the oem DAB tuner?

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-09-2019, 05:37 AM
vibbelito's Avatar
vibbelito vibbelito is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sweden, Luleå
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 657
Mein Auto: 2007 730i E65
Quote:
Originally Posted by cimdahers View Post
... and it is being contro***316;ed over idrive same way as if it was the oem DAB tuner?

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
I can't confirm it works exactly the same as I haven't used the original older one. But I can say it works as I think it should. Only thing I noted was that I could not change anything in the dab settings menue. I was not a to deselect the L-band inside that menue like the owners manual describe but otherwise it worked perfectly since I cant blame the bad reception on the tuner, that's down to something else.

I can sen the owners manual as soon as I'm able to scan it. (It's in german unfortunately)

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

Last edited by vibbelito; 09-09-2019 at 05:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-09-2019, 05:39 AM
cimdahers cimdahers is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Riga
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 239
Mein Auto: BMW e65 730d
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbelito View Post
I can't confirm it works exactly the same as I haven't used the original older one. But I can say it works as I think it should. Only thing I noted was that I could not change anything in the dab settings menue. I was not a to deselect the L-band inside that menue like the owners manual describe but otherwise it worked perfectly

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
Good, but my problem could be that DAB+ is not available in Latvia, again...

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 09-09-2019, 05:40 AM
vibbelito's Avatar
vibbelito vibbelito is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sweden, Luleå
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 657
Mein Auto: 2007 730i E65
Quote:
Originally Posted by cimdahers View Post
Good, but my problem could be that DAB+ is not available in Latvia, again...

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
Yup you probably have to look that up with the broadcasting agency before buying it.

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 09-09-2019, 12:16 PM
vibbelito's Avatar
vibbelito vibbelito is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sweden, Luleå
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 657
Mein Auto: 2007 730i E65
Now after speaking on the phone with the seller in Poland working out the shipping cost I had to pay 20pln for the antenna amplifier, 15pln for shipping, then after te phonecall an extra 75pln for shipping to Sweden via bank transfer and then an extra 50SEK that the bank charged for the transaction so all in all I will get my antenna amp after having paid 30,26 euro for it. And since there were no other for sale anywhere on the internet that I could find I have no idea if I made a good deal?
What have you guys paid for your DAB antenna amps?

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 09-09-2019, 12:38 PM
cimdahers cimdahers is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Riga
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 239
Mein Auto: BMW e65 730d
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbelito View Post
Now after speaking on the phone with the seller in Poland working out the shipping cost I had to pay 20pln for the antenna amplifier, 15pln for shipping, then after te phonecall an extra 75pln for shipping to Sweden via bank transfer and then an extra 50SEK that the bank charged for the transaction so all in all I will get my antenna amp after having paid 30,26 euro for it. And since there were no other for sale anywhere on the internet that I could find I have no idea if I made a good deal?
What have you guys paid for your DAB antenna amps?

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
60€
You lucky ...

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 09-10-2019, 04:19 AM
irish745 irish745 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: ireland
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 442
Mein Auto: E66 760Li individual
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbelito View Post
Now after speaking on the phone with the seller in Poland working out the shipping cost I had to pay 20pln for the antenna amplifier, 15pln for shipping, then after te phonecall an extra 75pln for shipping to Sweden via bank transfer and then an extra 50SEK that the bank charged for the transaction so all in all I will get my antenna amp after having paid 30,26 euro for it. And since there were no other for sale anywhere on the internet that I could find I have no idea if I made a good deal?
What have you guys paid for your DAB antenna amps?

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
I paid €50 all in for 1 that been the dearest and i paid €8 all in for 1 lol seller didnt know what he had and plus i constantly catch parts just as they go on ebay etc

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 09-11-2019, 05:32 AM
vibbelito's Avatar
vibbelito vibbelito is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sweden, Luleå
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 657
Mein Auto: 2007 730i E65
Do you think a 2m fakra antenna cable will be enough to reach the antenna amplifier with it routed around the luggage compartment?

I have a choice of 2M or 6M...

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 09-11-2019, 05:42 AM
cimdahers cimdahers is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Riga
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 239
Mein Auto: BMW e65 730d
I ordered 3.5, and it was too long. However, 2m could be not enough.
Find on ebay rfbat seller. They prepare almkst any cables from Fakra to other, however shipment from china takes longer, or pay express shipping costs.
Write message. They prepare custom cables in couple of days, and last express shipping took just 5days

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 09-11-2019, 06:04 AM
vibbelito's Avatar
vibbelito vibbelito is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sweden, Luleå
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 657
Mein Auto: 2007 730i E65
Then I'll go for a 3M cable

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 09-12-2019, 07:25 AM
irish745 irish745 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: ireland
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 442
Mein Auto: E66 760Li individual
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbelito View Post
Then I'll go for a 3M cable

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
I used 3 metre cable in original routing routed under parcel shelf and down into left trunk side and had about 0.5metre to spare on my 2nd car and on 1st car i used 6m in above route and way way to long

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 09-13-2019, 02:27 AM
vibbelito's Avatar
vibbelito vibbelito is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sweden, Luleå
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 657
Mein Auto: 2007 730i E65
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish745 View Post
I used 3 metre cable in original routing routed under parcel shelf and down into left trunk side and had about 0.5metre to spare on my 2nd car and on 1st car i used 6m in above route and way way to long

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk
Ah so that's the original factory routing. Great, I was thinking of going on the right side of the trunk and under the lid latch plastic cover where I've seen some other cable routing.

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 09-21-2019, 09:04 AM
vibbelito's Avatar
vibbelito vibbelito is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sweden, Luleå
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 657
Mein Auto: 2007 730i E65
I had forgotten that i prommised the user manual for the DAB+ reciver until now but here it is in full german glory (use google photo translate to your preffered language)
img013.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 09-21-2019, 01:20 PM
vibbelito's Avatar
vibbelito vibbelito is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sweden, Luleå
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 657
Mein Auto: 2007 730i E65
Today I took the time to mount the DAB+ reciver and since it has no screw holes I had to mount it with zip ties and it kinda fits.





But it's just slightly to thick for a good fit when installed in the car so it pushes a small amount on the VM, althoug the bracket is able to flex just enough to allow it to be screwed down.

And I have located the original connection points for it which are the ground connector under the headlight assembly
And the positive lead to this mounting bracket box behind the navi computer.


So the part numbers for the wire lead connectors should be either 61131387140 for 0,35-0,5 MM² wire
Or 61131387142 for 1,5-2,5 MM² wire.

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

See More Related BMW Stories


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series & 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
© 2001- VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.