Elon Musk still shooting his mouth off (and other Tesla funnies) - Page 3 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > General Automotive Forum

General Automotive Forum
All non-BMW car talk goes here...

Old 09-11-2019, 10:57 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: bimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkr778 View Post
Smart move. Pyramid schemes like Tesla are not sustainable in any case.
My TSLA was purchased cheap, mainly as a cult bet, and "rebalancing" was executed on and off. It is not as foamy as before with revenue and such, but future is still cloudy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2019, 06:58 AM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 2017 VW GTI Sport MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesWWIII View Post
LMAO.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/...ter-night.aspx

https://www.latimes.com/business/aut...724-story.html

https://www.sfgate.com/cars/article/...r-13796037.php

I don't know how you expect anyone to accept your claim that you have no pro-Tesla bias when you make blanket positive statements about the company and its products that are easily proven false.
No doubt you are willing to find the same kinds of claims for any brand.
Old 09-12-2019, 08:26 AM
Swedish Murder Machine

Mein Auto: Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Schott View Post
Tesla service is definitely not at the level of BMW where I live. However the cars require little to no maintenance. All of my issues were due to initial parts failures and sloppy construction due to rushed production.

It's hilarious that people want to mockingly refer to Tesla's as electric go karts. Yes, they are as fun to drive as an electric kart but in a full sized daily driver that will get you pretty much anywhere you need to go with all the modern safety and convenience of any other premium car.

Anyone who laughingly calls it a go kart is insecure about their own vehicle and/or has never driven a Tesla Model 3.

Remember the predictions we saw in the larger Tesla thread... that the sales were going to fall off a cliff when subsidies dried up. Amazingly we don't see that happening. The market is absorbing all the cars Tesla can produce even though the car is a 2+ year old model now.
Old 09-12-2019, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voip-ninja View Post
Remember the predictions we saw in the larger Tesla thread... that the sales were going to fall off a cliff when subsidies dried up. Amazingly we don't see that happening. The market is absorbing all the cars Tesla can produce even though the car is a 2+ year old model now.
The sales drop prediction was correct, that's why the multiple price drops to shift the demand curve, and the subsequent complaints from Model 3 owners that experience drops in resale value. And the price cuts are the incentives needed to move a 2+ year old model.

My guess is that the $35k and up SR/SR+ supports the sales volume, but it is unclear how profitable those offerings are.

And do remember Tesla allegedly burned $23B investor and bond holder money so far, just round that up to $25B and 500k lifetime delivery, that costs $50k per Tesla ever shipped, on top of fed/state credits and other taxpayer money, that is no chump change.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
It's hilarious that people want to mockingly refer to Tesla's as electric go karts. Yes, they are as fun to drive as an electric kart but in a full sized daily driver that will get you pretty much anywhere you need to go with all the modern safety and convenience of any other premium car.

Anyone who laughingly calls it a go kart is insecure about their own vehicle and/or has never driven a Tesla Model 3.
Well there are many review articles plus Model 3 owners that use go-kart like to describe the car, so from your assertion it looks like they are many Model 3 owners insecure about their own cars too.
Old 09-12-2019, 11:48 AM

Mein Auto: 2019 440i Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Schott View Post
When someone starts boasting about "excellent service" being a hallmark of a brand when there is plenty of media coverage to the contrary? You bet.

Here's some more coverage if you still have doubts...

https://jalopnik.com/teslas-potentia...are-1793269803

And here's a self-professed Tesla "fanboy" describing his less-than-excellent service experience...

There's no way most luxury car owners would put up with that level of nonsense and B.S. surrounding the service of a $50,000+ vehicle. So why do many Tesla owners seem to be fine eating extra helpings of crap with a big silly grin on their faces? Sorry, but no car is that good.
2019 440i Coupe • ///M Sport Design • Mineral Grey Metallic • Black Dakota/Blue Stitched leather • Aluminum Dark Carbon/Pearl Gloss Chrome trim • Track Handling Package • Orbit Grey 398/Michelin PSS • Driving Assistance Package • Black Kidney Grilles • Stainless Steel Pedals • PCD 4/27/18
Old 09-12-2019, 12:55 PM
Novice driver

Mein Auto: 2014 320i ZSP ZMT
Quote:
It's hilarious that people want to mockingly refer to Tesla's as electric go karts.
Good point. Electric go karts and the venues like K1 that make use them are a lot of fun. Don't know why people would insult those products and services by comparing them to Tesla.

btw, namelessman, your comment about go karts in post #47 was NOT an insult in any way - simply a true statement.

Last edited by gkr778; 09-12-2019 at 01:02 PM.
Old 09-12-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkr778 View Post
Good point. Electric go karts and the venues like K1 that make use them are a lot of fun. Don't know why people would insult those products and services by comparing them to Tesla.

btw, namelessman, your comment about go karts in post #47 was NOT an insult in any way - simply a true statement.
Tesla fans should open their minds and experience what electric go karts can do, and gain new appreciation of where Tesla's products stand.
Old 09-12-2019, 04:40 PM

Quote:
“I’m optimistic about being profitable in Q1 and for all quarters going forward.” -Elon Musk, January 31, 2019
https://www.forbes.com/sites/greatsp...ses-from-tesla

2019 440i Coupe • ///M Sport Design • Mineral Grey Metallic • Black Dakota/Blue Stitched leather • Aluminum Dark Carbon/Pearl Gloss Chrome trim • Track Handling Package • Orbit Grey 398/Michelin PSS • Driving Assistance Package • Black Kidney Grilles • Stainless Steel Pedals • PCD 4/27/18
Old 09-16-2019, 03:31 PM

I swear, you couldn't make some of this stuff up if you tried...

https://gizmodo.com/elon-musk-i-was-...guy-1838156856

Elon Musk: an open mouth constantly craving an insertable foot

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > General Automotive Forum
Today's Posts Search