Experience with FCP Euro "Lifetime" Warranty? - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E39 (1997 - 2003)

E39 (1997 - 2003)
The BMW 5-Series (E39 chassis) was introduced in the United States as a 1997 model year car and lasted until the 2004 when the E60 chassis was released. The United States saw several variations including the 525i, 528i, 530i and 540i. -- View the E39 Wiki

Old 09-09-2015, 11:48 AM

Mein Auto: BMW
Experience with FCP Euro "Lifetime" Warranty?

As title states, any experience with the "Lifetime" Warranty. Seems too good to be true.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2015, 03:12 PM
Glutton for punishment

Mein Auto: BMW 528i
I thought so too. I've had a few items I needed to return.
Absolutely ZERO issues!!!

FCP customer service is top notch and that's EVERYONE I've spoken to and dealt with.

I've used them for nearly all my parts.

AND they're usually even cheaper than ebay.

I can't say enough good things about them.

No, I do not work for them nor am I affiliated in any fashion.
Old 09-09-2015, 03:40 PM
Older than old school

Mein Auto: 01 540i/6, k75s, 86 Westy
I've bought numerous parts from them but have never had to make a warranty claim. Their service is efficient and prompt. That's the extent of my experience with them.
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2015, 04:37 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2002 330Ci Conv.
Replied to your other thread and wanted to comment here, as well.

I've had only positive experiences with their lifetime warranty, and have been buying parts from them for a good number of years. Having actually used their warranty, I can confirm itís exactly what they claim it to be.

Iím a huge fan of FCP, and there are plenty of other positive reviews out there pertaining to their lifetime warranty. People who arenít familiar with them often raise an eyebrow at that, but hereís a recent quote from Max Rossi, one of the owners and VP of Sales:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCPEuro on 6/29/15 [Source]
Our competitors may brag about a hassle free returns policy then make you jump through hoops but I can assure you our Lifetime Guarantee is as simple and as solid as it sounds.

So just to clarify once and for all:

1. FCP has a lifetime Warranty on all parts (excluding performance parts)
2. This includes all wear and tear items (brake pads, wiper blades, etc..)
3. There is no catch, no scam, no fine print, no strings attached. As long as you own the car you can send the part back at any time!

If you are ever told anything differently here is my direct contact information [email protected] and I will personally take care of you.

-Max (FCP Owner)
This has been my experience, as well, and the return form is about as simple as it gets: https://www.fcpeuro.com/page/returns-and-exchanges.

A while back, someone jokingly asked if their warranty covers oil, of all things, and hereís their response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCPEuro on 8/6/15 [Source]
If you order oil from us and it didn't meet your expectations (broke down too easily, didn't meet specifications you wanted, etc) we WILL warranty it.
Iíve always found them to be straightforward and honest and think their warranty is based on their customers being the same.

Aside from their free shipping, customer service, and easy-to-navigate website, their lifetime warranty alone is and has been a huge draw. As far as reliability goes, I had a good chuckle after reading a comment from back in 2009 from someone who told FCP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeee46coupe on 11/22/09 [Source]
Lifetime warranty sounds good; but what's to say you'll be in business even 2 months from now? We've seen companies offer lifetime warranties only to fold in a few months, its going to take allot more than a promise to win Fanatics over.
That was six years ago.

Iíve shopped and done business with many of the parts vendors out there, and keep coming back to these guys. I'm at 160,000 miles and on my second and third maintenance cycle for many things, so FCP's lifetime warranty has certainly paid for itself. Theyíre all-around great guys to do business with, and I'd recommend them highly.

DIYs help you save money with repairs; let www.bmwpnpc.com help you save money with the parts.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:00 AM

Mein Auto: '01 & '02 E39 530i Sports
I will add Kudos for FCP...Only it gets better!! If you get a better price on any part anywhere but Ebay, they will match it! I use FURIOUS METHOD.COM to find prices and either add a comment to the order or call them. They will do it without hesitation. Note: Free shipping is for $49.00 or more.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:22 AM

Mein Auto: 2002 330Ci Conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSA1 View Post
I will add Kudos for FCP...Only it gets better!! If you get a better price on any part anywhere but Ebay, they will match it! I use FURIOUS METHOD.COM to find prices and either add a comment to the order or call them. They will do it without hesitation. Note: Free shipping is for $49.00 or more.
You might also check out www.bmwpnpc.com. More vendors, no pop-ups, and integrates with RealOEM and other sites.

FCP's price match doesn't cover Amazon or eBay, and requests have to be done via e-mail now (it's a simple form), but they still honor their lifetime warranty and free shipping.

A lot of companies price match, and FCP by far has the best shipping, service, and warranty to go with it.

DIYs help you save money with repairs; let www.bmwpnpc.com help you save money with the parts.
Old 09-11-2015, 05:32 PM

Mein Auto: 525i 2003
I always found the lifetime warranties too difficult to bother with the paperwork which I lose the moment it goes into my pocket.

Never bought from FCP though.
Old 09-12-2015, 06:17 AM
Glutton for punishment

Just had to call FCP for a return of an incorrect a/c belt (even though it was the correct part number- it didn't fit my car) They simply refunded my my money. No issues at all.

I also made a mistake on an order - forgot to add a few parts- They helped me out - again with no issues...
Old 09-12-2015, 06:44 AM
Glutton for punishment

Just had to call FCP for a return of an incorrect a/c belt (even though it was the correct part number- it didn't fit my car) They simply refunded my my money. No issues at all.

I also made a mistake on an order - forgot to add a few parts- They helped me out - again with no issues...

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E39 (1997 - 2003)
Today's Posts Search