BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Audison Bit DMi and Audiotec Fisher match 7

749 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  vipzz 
#1 ·
Has anyone used the audison bit dmi or auditotec fisher match 7 in their car?

the bit dmi piques my interest due to its fiber out that i can use any dsp on the market and then use any amplifier I choose.

Curious to see if anyone has any real world experience with either one.

#2 ·
Interesting. I’ve wanted to embark on the audio upgrade adventure, but life happened and I got sidetracked.

There’s a guy on the forum here that sells a harness that will let you connect any amp to power the underseat subs. Not sure if something like the match 7 will work on the e65 as I think the front and rear deck speakers are powered by the front radio unit. Not sure if the wiring in the back will cary the audio for the mids and tweeters as well.

My plan was to take the harness, connect that to a Helix P6 DSP and take the high level wiring from the front door and rear deck speakers and route it to the P6. Then run new wires to all the speakers from the P6 and run the separate RCA outputs for subs in the trunk on separate amps.
Then run filters in the P6 to run crossovers between the mids/highs, under seat subs and rear subs to make sure they don’t interfere with each other. And maybe run rear door speakers as well.

Obviously this would be way easier if this works.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.