EPA numbers for the 2016 740i and 750i XDrive - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series & 8 Series > 7 Series - G11 / G12 (2016 - current)

7 Series - G11 / G12 (2016 - current)
The next generation G11/G12 BMW 7 Series flagship forum. Unveiled June 10th, with production starting in August the 6th generation 7 Series comes in a light weight package with extensive use of BMW i carbon fiber technology. The interior quality raises the bar with a touch screen and gesture controlled infotainment system. Exterior styling has been a sticking point with mixed reviews so far.

Old 09-04-2015, 11:40 AM
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: Various
EPA numbers for the 2016 740i and 750i XDrive

2016 BMW 7 series EPA numbers

The preliminary EPA numbers for the 2016 740i and 750i XDrive are out. The 750i xDrive is especially impressive considering the 445hp V8 under the hood and the power being routed to all 4 corners.

Preliminary EPA numbers for the 2016 740i and 750i XDrive
  • 2016 BMW 740i: 21 city - 29 hwy - 24 combined
  • 2016 BMW 750i xDrive: 16 city - 25 hwy - 19 combined

The BMW 750i xDrive and its powerful V8 engine
The engine line-up available at the launch of the new BMW 7 Series range is spearheaded by the BMW 750i xDrive and its powerful V8 engine. This engine features a 4.4 liter displacement and BMW TwinPower Turbo technology with the turbochargers located within the V-shaped space between the banks of cylinders. This redesigned V8 engine now comes equipped with TwinScroll turbochargers featuring flow-separated, bank-specific exhaust manifolds made from thin-wall castings. Engine efficiency was increased with a change in the compression ratio from 10.0:1 to 10.5:1 and the latest generation of VALVETRONIC and Double-VANOS technology. The optimized engine cooling concept with separate flows through the cylinder heads and cylinder liners includes a map-controlled coolant pump. Throughput can be restricted to 10 percent to warm up the engine faster reducing energy consumption. For the first time in a production car the intake manifold has been partially integrated into the cylinder head allowing air-flow resistance to be decreased, maximizing air-flow volume while reducing the exterior packaging dimensions. Overall, the efficiency factor of the 445 hp engine has been greatly improved.

The new V8 engine is teamed up with the latest version of the intelligent all-wheel-drive system in the all-new BMW 750i xDrive. The fully variable, electronically controlled power split between front and rear wheels enhances traction and stability as well as the handling dynamics in corners. As part of the xDrive system's ongoing development, the transfer case has been made more efficient, thanks in part to an optimized oil supply.

The inline 6-cylinder engine in the BMW 740i
The inline 6-cylinder engine with BMW TwinPower Turbo technology fitted in the new BMW 740i comes from the BMW Group's latest generation of engines. The 3.0-liter gasoline unit of the BMW 740i produces an output of 320 hp. The new engine's crankcase, cylinder head and oil sump are all made from aluminum. The TwinScroll turbocharger features an indirect system of charge air cooling that is incorporated into the intake manifold and works in unison with High Precision Direct Injection, the very latest version of VALVETRONIC and Double-VANOS variable camshaft timing.

Read more about the all new 2016 BMW 7 series

The all-new BMW 7 Series features BMWs newest and groundbreaking technologies such as Gesture Control, Wireless Charging and the standalone option of the Display Key. An Active Kidney Grille will also be available for the first time in the US. The all new BMW 7 Series once again sets the standard for luxury performance, delivering the highest level of driving refinement in the premium class. The 2016 BMW 7 Series will arrive in the US showrooms in the fall of 2015. The MSRP for the BMW 740i will be $82,295 and the BMW 750i xDrive will be $98,395 (including $995 Destination and Handling).

Last edited by tim330i; 09-04-2015 at 11:43 AM.

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
2016 bmw 7 series, 7 series, bmw, bmw 7 series, bmw fuel economy, bmw g12, bmw news, fuel economy, g12, g12 7 series, g12 forum

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series & 8 Series > 7 Series - G11 / G12 (2016 - current)
Today's Posts Search